U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:36 AM

15 posts, read 36,627 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I haven't heard too many good things about Mecklenburg county, but are there ANY good areas to live in Mecklenburg?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,537 times
Default What have you heard?

Hello, I saw your post and was curious as to what you have heard about Mecklenburg County? We might be relocating to Cornelius and I am concerned about finding a good neighborhood and schools for my kids.
Thanks.
Sara

Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 62,654,141 times
You need to read the threads a little closer alot is discussed about Mecklenburg. This forum has over a 100 pages of threads on this county.

Look for threads a little more specific on the cities within Mecklenburg.
Charlotte, Harrisburg, Matthews, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, University Area etc and also alot of threads on already on neighborhood specific.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 AM

35,881 posts, read 72,727,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus29 View Post
Hi,
I haven't heard too many good things about Mecklenburg county, but are there ANY good areas to live in Mecklenburg?
I am confused as to why you feel you have not heard "good things" about Meck. What do you mean? I live in Meck and am very happy here. Great neighborhood, my neighbors are nice people, their kids are happy in their schools . . . I have upscale shopping and every day conveniences w/in 1.5-3 miles of my home . . . my home has appreciated yearly . . . what is it you have heard and how can we help you?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:57 AM

11,838 posts, read 27,150,850 times
Any I ate at Tamarind last night. The food was great, but shrimp Vindaloo does not go well with a power outage.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Any I ate at Tamarind last night. The food was great, but shrimp Vindaloo does not go well with a power outage.
HA HA HA. Sorry about that.

We have so many good restaurants here. . . so many nice neighborhoods . . . plus so many conveniences . . . I am wondering why OP thinks Meck is not a good place. ????? (even if the power goes off now and then )

Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 AM

11,838 posts, read 27,150,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
HA HA HA. Sorry about that.

We have so many good restaurants here. . . so many nice neighborhoods . . . plus so many conveniences . . . I am wondering why OP thinks Meck is not a good place. ????? (even if the power goes off now and then )
I would think most likely because people say that the taxes are too high. So they move outside the county & raise the taxes in the surrounding counties.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I would think most likely because people say that the taxes are too high. So they move outside the county & raise the taxes in the surrounding counties.
Good point. NCHomeBoy posted info on that on a new thread this morning. Taxes are going to go up in surrounding counties w/ all the growth. Just a matter of time, IMHO.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 AM

15 posts, read 36,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am confused as to why you feel you have not heard "good things" about Meck. What do you mean? I live in Meck and am very happy here. Great neighborhood, my neighbors are nice people, their kids are happy in their schools . . . I have upscale shopping and every day conveniences w/in 1.5-3 miles of my home . . . my home has appreciated yearly . . . what is it you have heard and how can we help you?
I didn't mean to offend you if I have. Some of the threads that I've read say to stay away from Mecklenburg. I don't know much about Charlotte and the cities within but I do plan to relocate there in the near future so I'm just trying to figure out the good areas from the bad. What neighborhood do you live in if you don't mind me asking?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus29 View Post
I didn't mean to offend you if I have. Some of the threads that I've read say to stay away from Mecklenburg. I don't know much about Charlotte and the cities within but I do plan to relocate there in the near future so I'm just trying to figure out the good areas from the bad. What neighborhood do you live in if you don't mind me asking?
I live inside the 51 corridor - S CLT. And you did not offend me in any way whatsoever! I am just very concerned what it is that has made you feel Meck is not necessarily a good place to live. We have beautiful neighborhoods and well established retail and schools.

So Barkingowl thought maybe it might be the taxes that were concerning you. S. CLT is a very desirable place to live. If you don't want to be right in CLT, you can also consider Huntersville, Lake Norman . . . and if you want to be a little further out . . . Ft. Mill . . . Union County . . . so there are many areas surrounding CLT - and also outside of Meck Co.

Just let us know what you are particularly thinking about . . . and we will be able to help you. We thought you may be wanting to avoid Meck taxes but it sounds to me that you are concerned about other things - maybe schools?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte