Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Okay. Tell us what you like most about the neighborhood you live in. If you want to reveal the area of the city and not the subdivision or location of your condo/apartment - that is fine - but it would be fun to know - LKN, S. CLT, Ft Mill, etc.

So tell us what you like MOST about your neighborhood. <If you want to tell what you like LEAST, that would be okay, too . . . >

I will start. I have woods and a creek and enjoy watching "my" red shouldered hawk and other birds that frequent the back yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 04:30 PM

228 posts, read 910,506 times
Make sure you dont hit any golf balls into that hawk!
Anyways..

I live in SouthPark in a new apt community that sits atop some stores, including an Earthfare. I really love the convenience of running down to the earthfare and getting a few things, etc. The apts themselves are HUGE and beautiful (plus we got a good deal!)

I love the atmoshere "feel" of South Park(safe, clean, etc hehe)
I also love the abundance of dining choices.
The Harris YMCA is one of my favorites, and right down the street.
Uptown/Dilworth/South End is close.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:34 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. Tell us what you like most about the neighborhood you live in. If you want to reveal the area of the city and not the subdivision or location of your condo/apartment - that is fine - but it would be fun to know - LKN, S. CLT, Ft Mill, etc.

So tell us what you like MOST about your neighborhood. <If you want to tell what you like LEAST, that would be okay, too . . . >

I will start. I have woods and a creek and enjoy watching "my" red shouldered hawk and other birds that frequent the back yard.
ani - At least you know your species of hawks! I love to see the much earlier return of Robins, although with the clay soil, they're not living on the "easy pickins" of earthworms that were all through my NJ backyard. The mockingbirds (the "deluxe version" of Catbirds in NJ) seem to be all over the place and fighting over females with their "mock battles". My yard in Lexington Commons backs up into a wooded buffer where I can hear frogs and even see an occassional snake! There are plenty of hawks around too! When I see 4 or 5 circling around, I think of those old westerns where the "vultures" were flying around something in "bad" shape.

I've got two large telescopes and will enjoy the summer and the Milky Way! The stars are much easier to see, with much less "light pollution" than the NY metro area. There is always something to do. I should have been a Vulcan - human lifespans are too short! I need 2 or 3 centuries to enjoy myself up to my potential! Maybe I should become a Vampire like that guy on "Moonlight"!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm051 View Post
Make sure you dont hit any golf balls into that hawk!
Anyways..

I live in SouthPark in a new apt community that sits atop some stores, including an Earthfare. I really love the convenience of running down to the earthfare and getting a few things, etc. The apts themselves are HUGE and beautiful (plus we got a good deal!)

I love the atmoshere "feel" of South Park(safe, clean, etc hehe)
I also love the abundance of dining choices.
The Harris YMCA is one of my favorites, and right down the street.
Uptown/Dilworth/South End is close.
That poor Hawk! (what are the chances of hitting a hawk w/ a golf ball???)

Your description of your neat community sounds fascinating! Sounds like a terrific place to live . . . thanks for sharing!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I've got two large telescopes and will enjoy the summer and the Milky Way! The stars are much easier to see, with much less "light pollution" than the NY metro area.
OH, I so agree . . . I don't have a lot of sky visible right at our house - have to walk out a bit . . . too many huge trees. One of my favorite things - take Miss Scarlett for a walk and look at the stars . . .

Old 03-07-2008, 06:21 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,980,371 times
I love that the builder left so many trees in thier natural setting and what a beautiful backdrop they make for the homes. I love that I can see so many stars at night because of the lack of light pollution, yet am just minutes away from everything I need. I love that the children play freely in our cul-de-sac while the parents gather curbside for Happy Hour . I feel like I died and went to Heaven.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Hmm... I like that my neighborhood is a cul de sac with a bunch of walking trails & wetlands surrounding it.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I love that the builder left so many trees in thier natural setting and what a beautiful backdrop they make for the homes. I love that I can see so many stars at night because of the lack of light pollution, yet am just minutes away from everything I need. I love that the children play freely in our cul-de-sac while the parents gather curbside for Happy Hour . I feel like I died and went to Heaven.
Doorway . . . sounds like you have found your spot here. . . your neighborhood (and neighbors) sound wonderful!

Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Hmm... I like that my neighborhood is a cul de sac with a bunch of walking trails & wetlands surrounding it.
Walking trails! Now that is really neat . . . and a cul de sac as well . . .sounds like a great spot to be!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:02 PM

672 posts, read 1,830,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Okay, so things I like about Berewick, SW Charlotte : An overall family oriented community, I love all the trees, I love the pool and I love the idea of all the retail that Berewick will have. I love the park and we enjoy all the Berewick activities too (or atleast reading about them as we don't participate in all of them.)

My dislikes: No speedbumps, people go racing around here at very unreasonable speeds. So far there have been 2 children hit by cars in the last year.

Basketball court: It has to go. Instead of Berewick residents being able to use it, people who don't live here flock to it and take it over and have weekend long games.

Lack of a neighborhood watch: we need one but are not allowed to have one, as builders feel it makes the neighborhood look like there is a crime problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte