U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM

10 posts, read 31,736 times

Advertisements

HELLO EVERYONE, I RECENTLY VISITED A FRIEND IN WEDDINGTON AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THE AREA. I AM A PHARMACIST AND I WOULD LIKE TO RELOCATE BUT I NEED A JOB DOWN THERE. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A NEED FOR PHARMACIST. I WOULD LIKE TO WORK 8 HOUR SHIFTS WITH A MAX OF 2 (2 TO 10 PM) SHIFTS. I AM AFRICAN AMERICAN AND I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN A DIVERSE AREA WITH FRIENDLY PEOPLE. I LIVE IN BALTIMORE AND THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE TERRIBLE, THE CRIME RATE IS AWFUL AND THE HOUSE PRICES ARE OBSCENE. I HATE IT HERE AND I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 33 YEARS. I HAVE WATCHED THIS CITY TURN INTO A HORRIBLE PLACE AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOMEWHERE BETTER FOR US. I WAS RAISED WITH OLD SCHOOL VALUES AND AM INSTILLING THOSE INTO MY SON. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A GOOD PLACE IN UNION COUNTY LET ME KNOW-THANKS
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM

158 posts, read 389,419 times
i would think there should be plenty of demand for pharmacists with all the building and shopping areas appearing down there

Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM

35,881 posts, read 72,746,219 times
Yes, definitely a need for pharmacists. I understand that pharmacies such as Walgreens and CVS consistently run ads trying to recruit pharmacists to this region. Maybe Rite-Aid, too. Just check w/ those pharmacies - on their corporate website and find out how to get in touch w/ their recruiters . . . I bet you will have job interviews set up in two weeks.

You will love it here. There is diversity and also a great place to raise a family. You can find a good area where your son will be enrolled in a great school system.

When you know your price range on houses or condos . . . let us know and we will help you find an area you will love living in. You and your son deserve to get out of MD and start a new life here where he will be safe and can excel.

Good luck to you! Let us know what happens as you check out jobs!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:14 AM

6,776 posts, read 12,871,105 times
A Walgreens just opened a stones throw away from me a couple weeks ago on 84. I live on the Wesley Chapel/Weddington border, about a mile from Weddington. I *think* they may be looking for a a full time pharmacist.

The neighborhood I live in is very diverse. There are lots of African American families, mixed race families, white, Indian, etc....

I'm going to Walgreens later today. I'll inquire if they do indeed need a Pharmacist.

There is a new CVS that isn't open yet in the Fincher Farms Shopping Center too in Matthews about two miles from Weddington.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:06 AM

536 posts, read 1,617,945 times
Default With a little help from our friends

They are popping up like weeds down here!

My friends wife is the lead pharmisist in a CVS in Waxhaw, DM me if you want.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,498 times
Oh you will definately love the area. With the way the immediate area is constantly growing we are having new pharmacies pop up in the area all the time. I dont' think you will have a problem finding a job. We have such a diverse area here that you can find always usually find what you are looking for! [Moderator Cut: Soliciting]

Check out some of the local hospitals also such as Union Regional, Presbyterian , Mercy and Carolinas Medical just to name a few. Good Luck!

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-29-2008 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: soliciting

Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 AM

100 posts, read 339,487 times
I know there are a lot of homes for sale in the Demere subdivision. It is located in a great school district. It is diverse in the neighborhood , and quite a few are relocating so I think they may be negotiable.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte