Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times

Advertisements

[quote=dunroven55;3420412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
Things are really changing around Charlotte and I'm so glad. My realtor has sold a house or lot every weekend for the past two. She is with a small agency and so I cannot imagine what it must be like for the Allen Tate's!!!!

I very much believe in God and that it is his will and not ours that determines when and if we ever get an offer on our home. It has been hard not to be nervous or to think that we will never going to sale our house.

Tomorrow we will get an offer on our home according to the other real estate agent that showed our house. I'm so excited.

We have had our house for sale this March of last year. We took it off the market in September and October to do some remodeling. We put it back on the market in November. We have had 10 showings since January.

My heart feels this is right! I know that there are alot of people like myself that are going through a trial right now. I hope this will give you some inspiration!!!

As many of you have experienced, we did get an offer and yes it was very low! But, the good thing is that we counter offerred and we may still be able to work it out.
As soon as I have the reply I will be back on to let every one know. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! I don't know what I did before City Data!!!
We will be waiting to hear. All offers are good offers - better than no offers and you can try to work w/ them and see where you may be able to come together! I surely hope you work it out, Dunroven. Sending prayers your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I too believe God honors faith However, burying St. Joseph is only for those who have faith - faith in God and in the power of the Communion of Saints. Burying him without asking him to join his prayers with yours to God is what would be not be respectful. Burying him without faith is just being superstitious.
Old-timers in New Orleans (Catholics) always bury St. Joseph statues upside down in the front yard to sell a house. Don't know why upside down....

Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM

7 posts, read 20,076 times
Keep up the good faith.Pray for my dad, he runs projects for poor kids in africa and is having a rough time this year getting sponsors for these kids.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:42 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,996 times
[quote=anifani821;3423604]
Quote:

We will be waiting to hear. All offers are good offers - better than no offers and you can try to work w/ them and see where you may be able to come together! I surely hope you work it out, Dunroven. Sending prayers your way.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.. We finally finalized the price this morning and this is the first chance I have had to let you know. MY HOUSE IS NOW UNDER CONTRACT!! SUN CITY HERE WE COME!!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers because each and every one of them helped me through this situation.

The people we purchased the house live in Massachusetts and are in a position to close by the end of May.

Everyone out there who has a home for sale keep your chins up for your house will sale also. There is someone out there that is looking for your home!

Thanks again friends........

Dunroven

Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 PM

[quote=dunroven55;3440598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.. We finally finalized the price this morning and this is the first chance I have had to let you know. MY HOUSE IS NOW UNDER CONTRACT!! SUN CITY HERE WE COME!!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers because each and every one of them helped me through this situation.

The people we purchased the house live in Massachusetts and are in a position to close by the end of May.

Everyone out there who has a home for sale keep your chins up for your house will sale also. There is someone out there that is looking for your home!

Dunroven
Woo-Hoo! I have been checking the forum, watching for your post! Congratulations, Dunroven! I am soooo happy for you. I know it has been a long road . . . and just think - now you are free to do what you want, and you have provided a place for a new family to move here! So everybody wins!

Now you have to get those plans in line for the move . . . don't forget us while you are packing.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 PM

[quote=anifani821;3440672]
Quote:

Woo-Hoo! I have been checking the forum, watching for your post! Congratulations, Dunroven! I am soooo happy for you. I know it has been a long road . . . and just think - now you are free to do what you want, and you have provided a place for a new family to move here! So everybody wins!

Now you have to get those plans in line for the move . . . don't forget us while you are packing.
Could never forget you guys!!!!

And yes the people who are buying the house asked their realtor to tell me that they would love the house as much as me and would take good care of it. Isn't that wonderful. Good, caring, newcomers are coming to town. Just what we want!!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:57 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,738 times
[quote=dunroven55;3440732]
Quote:

Could never forget you guys!!!!

And yes the people who are buying the house asked their realtor to tell me that they would love the house as much as me and would take good care of it. Isn't that wonderful. Good, caring, newcomers are coming to town. Just what we want!!
ALL RIGHT DUNROVEN!!!! Congrats. to you and that realtor of yours! I am very happy for you. And remember when it comes time to pack....call....ANI!!

Old 04-13-2008, 05:34 PM

[quote=lovethecarolinas;3441173]
Quote:

ALL RIGHT DUNROVEN!!!! Congrats. to you and that realtor of yours! I am very happy for you. And remember when it comes time to pack....call....ANI!!
I was planning on calling on you and Ani. After a little work we could have something on the rocks!!!

Thanks you guys for all your support!! You are AWESOME!

Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
[quote=dunroven55;3440598]
Quote:

Dunroven

This is great news for you guys - CONGRATS!!! I know you will just love living in Sun City too

Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM

[quote=dunroven55;3449578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post

I was planning on calling on you and Ani. After a little work we could have something on the rocks!!!

Thanks you guys for all your support!! You are AWESOME!
I will come help you pack! I have done it so many times - got some good tips, LOL. LTC has moved cross country, too, so she is bound to have lots of suggestions, as well. Plus someone has to man the blender, Hee Hee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte