U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:49 PM

444 posts, read 1,582,657 times

Advertisements

Things are really changing around Charlotte and I'm so glad. My realtor has sold a house or lot every weekend for the past two. She is with a small agency and so I cannot imagine what it must be like for the Allen Tate's!!!!

I very much believe in God and that it is his will and not ours that determines when and if we ever get an offer on our home. It has been hard not to be nervous or to think that we will never going to sale our house.

Tomorrow we will get an offer on our home according to the other real estate agent that showed our house. I'm so excited.

We have had our house for sale this March of last year. We took it off the market in September and October to do some remodeling. We put it back on the market in November. We have had 10 showings since January.

My heart feels this is right! I know that there are alot of people like myself that are going through a trial right now. I hope this will give you some inspiration!!!

Dunroven
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 PM

316 posts, read 344,088 times
That is great! The market is turning we too are seeing things really pick up!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:23 PM

35,881 posts, read 73,166,254 times
Really glad to hear you are getting an offer in! Let us know how things work out!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,533,723 times
Well hold your breath that it's a good one

Yes, I agree with the above statements and have been very busy myself. Everyone in my office and other well established agents that I know are too.

Seems like most things under $400K are receiving good activity around this area. A lot of first time home buyers too.

Still A LOT of inventory though and re-sales near new construction are suffering.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 10,336,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
Things are really changing around Charlotte and I'm so glad. My realtor has sold a house or lot every weekend for the past two. She is with a small agency and so I cannot imagine what it must be like for the Allen Tate's!!!!

I very much believe in God and that it is his will and not ours that determines when and if we ever get an offer on our home. It has been hard not to be nervous or to think that we will never going to sale our house.

Tomorrow we will get an offer on our home according to the other real estate agent that showed our house. I'm so excited.

We have had our house for sale this March of last year. We took it off the market in September and October to do some remodeling. We put it back on the market in November. We have had 10 showings since January.

My heart feels this is right! I know that there are alot of people like myself that are going through a trial right now. I hope this will give you some inspiration!!!

Dunroven

Heh...God i snot worried about you selling your house...trust me

Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM

45,242 posts, read 96,256,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Heh...God i snot worried about you selling your house...trust me
It's good to know you are so tight with God that you know what he does and doesn't worry about

Dunroven, congrats on the pending offer - that is VERY exciting for you!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM

380 posts, read 1,693,357 times
Dunroven, We sold our house up in Ohio in 3 weeks last fall (a small miracle for sure) and I give God all the glory! Someone suggested we put a statue of St. Joseph in the yard which is supposed to help you sell a house. I flatly refused to even consider it. It seemed like a slap in the face to God. I told God that night that I will trust only in Him to see my house. I prayed Proverbs 3:5-6 over it every night (Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...). And we had a great offer within the week. God honors faith.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
Dunroven, We sold our house up in Ohio in 3 weeks last fall (a small miracle for sure) and I give God all the glory! Someone suggested we put a statue of St. Joseph in the yard which is supposed to help you sell a house. I flatly refused to even consider it. It seemed like a slap in the face to God. I told God that night that I will trust only in Him to see my house. I prayed Proverbs 3:5-6 over it every night (Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...). And we had a great offer within the week. God honors faith.
I too believe God honors faith However, burying St. Joseph is only for those who have faith - faith in God and in the power of the Communion of Saints. Burying him without asking him to join his prayers with yours to God is what would be not be respectful. Burying him without faith is just being superstitious.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:47 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,214,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Burying him without asking him to join his prayers with yours to God is what would be not be respectful.
Well even that is superstitious imho. I mean, St. Jo is dead anyway. Jesus is the only intercessor to God.

Anyway, we're also praying very hard that God sees us through this time in our lives. We believe he has closed doors where it wasn't His will, and opened them for us to follow. We pray selling our home is a pleasant experience, after all, we're moving in 5 weeks!!

OP, I hope you get your offer today!!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Well even that is superstitious imho. I mean, St. Jo is dead anyway. Jesus is the only intercessor to God.

Anyway, we're also praying very hard that God sees us through this time in our lives. We believe he has closed doors where it wasn't His will, and opened them for us to follow. We pray selling our home is a pleasant experience, after all, we're moving in 5 weeks!!
WOW, 5 WEEKS? That is so soon! Keeping my fingers crossed for you carolina_guy, and I'll say a prayer or two I bet you'll be as excited as Dunroven when your first offer comes!

Just to clarify, if you are member of a religion that believes in the "communion of Saints" talking to any dead saint is not superstitious. And since Jesus himself IS God, he doesn't need to intercede on our behalf. ANYWAY, let's not hijack the thread - just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding about burying St. Joseph to help sell a home, not start a religious discussion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte