Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:24 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
So what's the trick with getting in and out of Knights Stadium in a reasonable amount of time? We're going there this year and I expect some traffic but shuttle buses and long lines don't sound like all too much fun.

We were planning on going early and hopefully getting to park in the stadium parking lot. Good plan? How early?

Thanks!

Hi Markh,

DO COME TO KNIGHTS STADIUM ON THE 4th!!! What's more American than baseball, hot dogs & fireworks??!?? You & your family will have a great time there. Will it be crowded, will there be traffic, absolutely...it's a holiday. There's always crowds & traffic on holidays. You'll still have fun!

Stop & say Hi, I'll be working there that night, I'm one of the concession managers there. I'm the short, round one with da' Bronx accent, lol! I do know that we're having the concession workers report an hour earlier than usual to start preping for the night. I'm working there tomorrow for the Christian Concert. I'll find out what's going on for the 4th & post it here.

BxRosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
The biggest fireworks display is the Red White & Boom near Uptown at Memorial Stadium in Elizabeth. They offer more than just fireworks...things for kids to do too and other things before the fireworks start.

They moved the fireworks out of Uptown about 2 years ago due to the rioting on N. Tryon St. A bunch of worthless thugs ruining the fun of others.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM

280 posts, read 948,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
The biggest fireworks display is the Red White & Boom near Uptown at Memorial Stadium in Elizabeth.
Does "boom" refer to the guns going off during the celebration as the police struggle to bring gang members under control?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 PM

543 posts, read 1,824,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post
I don't think there's a trick to the traffic situation at Knights Stadium, unfortunately. Last year we planned to arrive close to 1 hour early, and even at that time traffic was backed up on the highway for miles. We parked without too much of a problem (we did not take shuttles), but the stadium was PACKED and we decided to leave after the 7th inning. We weren't the only ones -- it took us over 45 minutes just to get out of the parking lot, and the fireworks hadn't even happened yet. It would have been absolutely atrocious if we'd waited til the end.

So our experience was not favorable -- we had to deal with traffic in both directions; we sat crammed in with thousands of people for the game, and didn't get to see the fireworks anyway.

I know it's a great family attraction for 4th of July, but unfortunately most of the people who attend are not there for the game. That means real baseball fans, who look forward to watching a decent game, are few and far between. The game ends up being 3 hours of complaining kids; thousands of yelling parents; people bumping and kicking you in the packed stands; and long lines at the bathrooms and concessions. It's very difficult to enjoy the game (if that's why you're there).

Disclaimer: we do not have kids, and we were just looking for a great ballgame and some cool fireworks on the 4th of July. This year we'll try to find something much more low-key.

Yikes!! Anyone want to buy 10 knights tickets? Good seats!
LOL, just kidding. I'll have to stock up on beverages before the 7th to calm down before leaving. We do have a dd for the night so it'll be cool. I can nap on the way home.

Rosie, I'll look for you there, do you know which concession you'll be at?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
Does "boom" refer to the guns going off during the celebration as the police struggle to bring gang members under control?
Might be a little of both!...lol

At least there are 26 less gang members on the street this 4th of July.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:37 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times
In regards to the Knights Stadium traffic two things have changed since last year: The first one is that more parking spaces have been added. The second is that you can now get to Knights Stadium directly from Exit 90 instead of exit 88. Get off at Exit 90, go left and follow the signs.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:04 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
Yikes!! Anyone want to buy 10 knights tickets? Good seats!
LOL, just kidding. I'll have to stock up on beverages before the 7th to calm down before leaving. We do have a dd for the night so it'll be cool. I can nap on the way home.

Rosie, I'll look for you there, do you know which concession you'll be at?
Markh,

I'm one of the concession managers, so I can be at any of them. Usually, you'll see me running back & forth on the main concourse area. I'm the short, round Italian one with a NY accent...pretty hard to miss me, LOL!!! Do ask for me if you go, I'd love to put a face to the name!

BxRosie

Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
704-Rioting on July 4th?? What happened??

Old 06-29-2008, 08:26 AM

747 posts, read 2,105,123 times
Anybody know about anything in Mooresville? I really dont want to fight traffic in CLT!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 AM

543 posts, read 1,824,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
In regards to the Knights Stadium traffic two things have changed since last year: The first one is that more parking spaces have been added. The second is that you can now get to Knights Stadium directly from Exit 90 instead of exit 88. Get off at Exit 90, go left and follow the signs.
Thanks Groove1!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte