Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 PM

414 posts, read 1,381,124 times

Advertisements

I know in 2003 they were trying and they though 5-10 years after that they could do it. its already 4 years later.

I think with the population explosion its possible. Also the city would be a great back drop for a ballpark.

what does everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
I caught this in passing but I think the Knights are coming to town. I think there were some questions to what the city would pay etc but I think they are on there way.

I would enjoy a baseball team here. I think it would be fun.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM

295 posts, read 1,297,937 times
Right, but the Knights are AAA. I'd love to have a MLB team in town, but I still think its a long shot. The best bets are probably Florida Marlins being relocated, although Tampa Bay would seem to be pretty weak, too.

Baseball definitely doesn't need expansion ... I'd favor contraction, but I'd rather have a team in Charlotte. Then again, this general area isn't well represented when a much larger city like Atlanta can have empty seats every night even when their team is (was) in the midst of unprecedented run of success on the field.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:14 AM

I believe (and this is all speculation) that the plan is to get the Knight's in place to see what kind of reception they receive. Also they are talking as if the stadium would be easily unfitted to hold a MLB.

I would rather get a team that's already established even if they are terrible than to get a new franchise. We have already done that a couple of times lets be on the other end for once. They have been rumors for some time that the Brewers are looking to move.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:28 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,292 times
Default Baseball-Yes...Nascar-No

I think MLB has a better chance of arriving in Charlotte NC than Nascar does of having a track and race in Staten Island NY.

I know Nascar already owns property in SI but does anybody really believe that the people of NYC really want Nascar in their backyards.

A couple of years ago Trump was talking Nascar in NY but I haven't heard him mention that lately. (too busy giving second chances to beauty queens).

E

Old 12-21-2006, 06:32 AM

You would be suprised how many "Yankees" (sorry couldn't resist) from New York enjoy the NASCAR Circuit. Some of them are more die hard than us Southern Folk!

Old 12-21-2006, 06:38 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,292 times
Agent,
We are Nascar fans, our son even works for a Nascar team that I know you have heard of.
Just one of the reasons we want to relocate to NC.

E

Old 12-21-2006, 06:39 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
I believe (and this is all speculation) that the plan is to get the Knight's in place to see what kind of reception they receive. Also they are talking as if the stadium would be easily unfitted to hold a MLB.

I would rather get a team that's already established even if they are terrible than to get a new franchise. We have already done that a couple of times lets be on the other end for once. They have been rumors for some time that the Brewers are looking to move.

Charlotte has had minor league baseball for many years. The Knights are nothing new, they have been around for many years, and have played at Knights Stadium in Fort Mill since 1990. The Brewers won't be moving anywhere. They have a beautiful new stadium, Miller Park, which opened in 2001, and at least a 30 year lease to stay in Milwaukee. They draw over 2 million fans a year, which ranks higher than teams in many other larger metropolitan areas such as Washington DC, Baltimore, Miami, Denver and others. Tampa Bay would be the franchise most likely to move at this point, or Florida if they don't get their stadium situation resolved.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:48 AM

Maybe i should have added speculation on my part about the Knights. Like I said I happened to be walking past the TV when the little blip came on the news last night.

Found the link.....

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/10576851/detail.html

Also I meant Knights in place as in downtown Charlotte... Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by CharlotteAgent; 12-21-2006 at 07:21 AM..

Old 12-21-2006, 07:14 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post

A couple of years ago Trump was talking Nascar in NY but I haven't heard him mention that lately. (too busy giving second chances to beauty queens).

E
LOL!!! What a PR joke THAT was! Do these people in the public eye really think we're that gullible? I'm so sick of the media. Why is it, that the more a celebrity falls from grace by doing drugs or becoming anorexic, the more famous that celebrity becomes? Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I had to vent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte