Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 09:48 AM

8 posts, read 15,277 times

Advertisements

Good morning! We just moved back to Charlotte and while we recognized that daycare would be a little spendy, but we are shocked to be paying $300 per week for one child at a center we really aren't in love with. We live in the Prosperity Church Rd area and there are obviously plenty of expensive chains there, but I have only found one or two faith based centers that are reasonable and they have wait lists. I have called around to as many places as I can keep up with, including a few in Huntersville and Concord, but its a little hard not knowing the area. So I guess ultimately I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for centers under $200 per week for a two year old for full time care that might be hidden gems that we should check out (believe me, I know this might be a hard ask). Husband works in South Charlotte and I work Uptown, so that might widen the net a bit. Our biggest requirement is that it isn't a crack den or a child warehouse, otherwise we aren't too hoity toity. Any suggestions would really be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 10:18 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,600,580 times
No suggestions other than not the Rainbow on Prosperity Church...I had so many issues with that place. How much is the Goddard School on Mallard Creek?

Old 09-04-2019, 11:15 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,355,257 times
I used King’s Keep near Concord Mills several years back and thought they were pretty good, but no idea what the prices are now.

Unfortunately most good places will likely have wait lists.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
No suggestions other than not the Rainbow on Prosperity Church...I had so many issues with that place. How much is the Goddard School on Mallard Creek?
Thanks for the advice on Rainbow, I'll cross them off! Goddard is $309 per week if I recall correctly. And their waitlist is like 6 months long.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:51 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,967,018 times
There's Concord Children's Academy on Derita near the Concord Airport. There's Primrose on the corner of Eastfield/ Prosperity Church. There's Goddard in Edison Square.

I couldn't tell you the prices of any of these but just listing what's close to you.

Since you work in Uptown, there's also a daycare at a church at the corner of 5th Street/Church.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:55 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,967,018 times
There's also McGill Child Development. It's at the corner of George Lyle and Poplar Tent. I don't know how they are now but they were really good when my kids attended 8 or so years ago. I know the long time director just retired in the last couple of years.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:51 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,600,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerBarbie View Post
Thanks for the advice on Rainbow, I'll cross them off! Goddard is $309 per week if I recall correctly. And their waitlist is like 6 months long.

Yeah that's a lot. Gateway Academy on Eastfield is supposedly good according to a coworker of mine.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:52 AM

Thanks so much guys! Kings Keep was very reasonable, but has a waitlist through January. Keep them coing if you have more suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte