U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2006, 09:59 AM

7,937 posts, read 18,561,584 times

Advertisements

Would love to know how far are the Malls are? and Supermarkets? How far away is everything?

Thanks
Staci
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 10:24 AM

2,115 posts, read 6,621,917 times
I moved from Jersey to Union County. I have never seen more strip malls and supermarkets in my life. HWY 74 is overloaded, and quite excessive in many respects since a lot of major stores are duplicated within a very small area. But how far cannot be answered by anyone, without knowing your exact location.

SL

Old 12-24-2006, 10:37 AM

531 posts, read 1,903,138 times
There are tons of stores on 74 and even a mall on 74 in Monroe. I prefer to go to the mall in Pineville(Carolina Place) or the one in Concord (Concord Mills). Supermarkets are every where. I do not think you will have to go far to find one of those! I used smartpages.com a lot when I moved here to find some of the particular stores that I like. When you find the store, they give you a map so you can see wherte it is located. Best of luck!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:13 PM

we are looking at Lawson, Cureton, Wesley Oaks...in that area....

Thanks for the input

Old 12-28-2006, 09:43 PM

64 posts, read 224,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post

Thanks for the input
Ok.... Shopping if you are in Cureton.... The Harris Teeter will open there in Spring 2007 and there is suppose to be a super target and borders books going in too... in the meantime--- you can brave the food lion on 16 in waxhaw for bread and milk... or go towards 485 on 16 and you'll find another Harris teeter...or you can take gray byrum to waxhaw marvin out to the back roads to the target and harris teeter in blakeney... are you getting it yet... harris teeter has a monopoly here. And they know it so food shopping can be pricey... we feed a family of 5 so I also like Bi/Lo because it is close to St. Matthews our church and we can grab on our way back home. I hate to sound so gung ho on where we live but that is the other reason I think this side (cureton,quellin etc.) of 16 is better than the other side because you can easily take the back roads to ballantyne, RTE 521 (also shopping here) and get out to 485 via johnston road instead of your only option being providence road and 485. As far as malls go... if you want to outlet it... Concord Mills (25 minutes on 485) South Park mall in Charlotte has Nordstroms, Neimans, Pottery Barn -- your typical malls mall is in Pineville.. Hects departments stores, Macy's etc. Now, there are a lot of other shopping options at the arboretum (25 minutes) down providence road that will send you to old navy. childrens place etc. hope that helps.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:47 PM

64 posts, read 224,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post

Thanks for the input
did you see my earlier message about the neighbors picketting the neighbor in wesley oaks because he is a sex offender and they want him out of the neighborhood...be careful with that neighborhood, they are offering great deals to out of towners hoping to lure them into that neighborhood.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 PM

Wow Mad, you covered all that for me even IM speechless..LOL however your a great source of info.. once again thank you I actually went into a Harris teete WOW what a supermarket, I love the fact you can also buy wine and beer in a supermarket...what a concept..lol jersey you cant....

Yes I did see your post earlier on that and thank you I do appriciate it and as I said before we are going to stay clear...even though I know they can move into any of our neighborhoods I wouldnt want to put myself there so to speak, but a friend of mine heard that, that guy did finally move out of that dvelopment???? but not sure if that info was correct...

staci
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte