U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM

15 posts, read 35,535 times

Advertisements

HI,
My husband and I are moving to Charlotte with our two children 3 and 5 years old. We've done a lot of research and have narrowed down our search to Matthews. We haven't seen it in person yet, but hope to make it down there next weekend. We are moving from KY and would like to know of some good day care's in the area for our 3 year old. We are very particular about where we would choose to take her due to her peanut allergies. Any day care we choose has to be willing to ban peanuts from the entire center due to the severity of her allergies. We have been fortunate so far with other centers in our area since this allergy has been so common. We are also looking for a day care that is extremely trust worthy, has a good academic program and not just a babysitter type setting.
Any other information that you can provide on Matthews would be greatly appreciated. We've browsed the boards and from what I have read I think Matthews sounds nice and as far as housing it seems fairly reasonable. We are planning on renting for the first 6 months or so before buying a home. We looked at an apartment community online called Mission Matthews Place Apartments, any advice on that as far as family oriented, good area and etc.?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 10:53 PM

17 posts, read 110,535 times
Gateway Academy on McKee Road. It is a large center, no Peanut Products there at all. Waiting list could be extensive though.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 AM

797 posts, read 3,120,139 times
Matthews Country Day is a top one. It has a long waiting list as well but you could get lucky and get a spot. Waiting lists tend to be longer the younger the child. We waited over a year to get in for a 1 year old.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,559 times
Thumbs down I don't Recommend Mission Matthews Place

If you don't mind incompetent and rude staff, terrible maintenance response, extremely limited parking, your're vehicle towed, nasty notes on your door on a nearly weekly basis that have nothing to do with you, a pool that is never open, noise, then I still wouldn't reccommend it. It took three months to get my maintenance request fixed. They kept pushing back the pool open date and then closed only after a few of being open. Outside paid parking, the parking is sparce and they'll tow you in a heart beat. You'll never get the same answer from two different employees. They straight out lie. They'll raise your rent at the end of the year, even if the prices are lower for incoming tenants. You could end oup paying $200 more for the same apartment as your neighbors.

I couldn't wait for my lease to end, so we actually left early and continued paying the rent. dn you count on them ripping you off on your deposit. We left the apt just as we found, but they conviently lost our move-in sheet and charged for carpet stains that preexisted us.

Do yourself a favor and go to Windsor Landing, Matthews Reserve, Lawyers Ridge or any where else.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 5,559 times
Oh yeah, Matthews is a wonderful area. I think itis the best area in Mecklenburg county to live in.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM

240 posts, read 688,263 times
Smile daycare

my daughter is now 15 years old and attended Matthews Country Day from age 2 - when she went to Kindergarten. We really loved this pre-school and my daughter had fantastic teachers. She was more than ready for Kindergarten and i think attending this superb pre-school really did help enormously with her education. They also had wonderful extra curricular activities and she did such things as Soccer, Orff Music, dance, cheerleading.

I signed her up for this school before she was born!!!!!! I had many friends who had children there and all spoke highly of it.

I know this is now many years ago but I believe it is still a top notch pre-school.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 PM

3,520 posts, read 3,597,396 times
Matthews is great! Check out Paces Commons Apartments on 51 across from Presbyterian Hospital, they're cool, and close to everything you would need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte