Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 07:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

U.S. National Whitewater Center Olympic Trials Photos . I finally got to go to the center and enjoy today's olympic festivities. I will not comment on the restaurant except it nothing to write home about. Try to pack you a cooler if you do decide go the prices are steep and the nearest convience store had shoppers that look to be a little on the rough side.

The center looks really cool I will be going there for some white water rafting this summer but as far as kayaking; I prefer flat water, and I know of many places in this state I can do it for free and enjoy nature and it forces.

US National Whitewater Center //// TAKE IT OUTSIDE !!! \\ - Home

CLICK PHOTO TO GO TO SLIDE SHOW OF PHOTOS.
ONCE THERE SCROLL YOU MOUSE OVER ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
CLICK ON ANY PHOTO FOR LARGER VIEW

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-27-2008 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,186 times
I went Saturday!
I brought my camera!
!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 AM

45 posts, read 133,809 times
Thanks for the photos! We were there on Wed. My 8 year old went rock climbing. My 5 year old climbed on the little rocks they have set up. It is such a pretty place. We had a great time. We enjoyed our lunch. My salad was very good. My husband had a ubrger and he said it was fine.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 AM

Timm I notice in your first photo you got to the second level but I couldnt find how to get up there. As you enter the gate the gift shop is to the right and then there is ground level down the steps but I couldnt find the entrance to go to the upper level I wanted to watch from there. Thanks for posting the photos and nice shoes (last pic).
I do that as well to busy trying to catch a fast motion shot that I forget what else in the photo. hehe.

Ok dancemommnj SPILL IT Where did you find a salad at? lol I only found that restaurant that had burgers and such.

I was chatting with a member and learn of a kayak spot in Mount Holly off the Catawba River and you can kayak down to the whitewater center and I thought that would be fun.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 AM

550 posts, read 1,808,870 times
I was out there on Sunday - probably took about 800 photos (I've got a photography hobby, what can I say?)...
I was glad it didn't rain too hard. It looks like a great place if you like whitewater, but I agree that there are cheaper/better places for flatwater with more wildlife benefits to them.
Now, if I could just find the kayak I want...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota4791 View Post
I was out there on Sunday - probably took about 800 photos (I've got a photography hobby, what can I say?)...
I was glad it didn't rain too hard. It looks like a great place if you like whitewater, but I agree that there are cheaper/better places for flatwater with more wildlife benefits to them.
Now, if I could just find the kayak I want...
I have a two person touring kayak but I was noticing where the amatuer side and on the French Broad River that there is different style like short nose and a more pointing nose what is the difference if any?

Here is a helpful website but it didnt cover that
Choosing and Buying Kayaks -- Kayak Online

Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 AM

45 posts, read 133,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Timm I notice in your first photo you got to the second level but I couldnt find how to get up there. As you enter the gate the gift shop is to the right and then there is ground level down the steps but I couldnt find the entrance to go to the upper level I wanted to watch from there. Thanks for posting the photos and nice shoes (last pic).
I do that as well to busy trying to catch a fast motion shot that I forget what else in the photo. hehe.

Ok dancemommnj SPILL IT Where did you find a salad at? lol I only found that restaurant that had burgers and such.

I was chatting with a member and learn of a kayak spot in Mount Holly off the Catawba River and you can kayak down to the whitewater center and I thought that would be fun.
Did you go to the walk up counter that had ice-cream too?
Next to it was the sit down restaurant that had salads, burgers, sandwiches... even wine.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You were right there! Almost directly across from the gift shop there were a set of glass doors. I think there was a sign on the door that said "Media Check-In" or something like that. I just strolled on in to use the bathroom and get a sip from the water fountain. Then I asked the woman at the desk if it was okay to walk around to look at the artwork, and it was! So I did! And I found myself out on a balcony with tables and chairs and a great view.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times
Was planning on going Sunday but didn't have time.

Anyone know how the yearly passes work at the Whitewater Center?

Is the yearly pass good from now - Dec 31, 2008 or is it good for 12 months from the time you buy it. It is like $35 and after 7 visits...it would pay for itself (parking).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: