Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 6,008 times

Advertisements

Hi guys. I am moving July 1st from Boston to the Charlotte area. My office is
9140 Arrowpoint Blvd in Charlotte (which is near 77?). I am not familiar with the area.

In MA I commute about 30-45 mins a day into town, so I don't mind a commute. Any idea's where to look to rent? I live in a smaller city and its just myself, fiance and our lab.

I want to be between $600-$900/month in rent (depending if she finds work right away, she is a nanny).

Any idea's of nice safe towns within 30 miles of my new office would be great.

Thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,517,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrits69 View Post
9140 Arrowpoint Blvd in Charlotte (which is near 77?). I am not familiar with the area.

In MA I commute about 30-45 mins a day into town, so I don't mind a commute. Any idea's where to look to rent? I live in a smaller city and its just myself, fiance and our lab.

I want to be between $600-$900/month in rent (depending if she finds work right away, she is a nanny).

Thanks for all the help.
You stated 30-45 minutes...you can not drive 30 miles in that time frame in rush hour traffic.

Your office is basically at I-77 & Arrowood Rd (Exit #3) near the South Carolina line..

I would suggest Fort Mill, SC or Rock Hill, SC. You could be at work from Fort Mill in about 15 minutes....Rock Hill about 30 minutes.

In that price range you can definately get a 1 bedroom...might be tight for a 2 bedroom...but then again in Rock Hill or Fort Mill you might be able to get a 2 bedroom.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-29-2008, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 6,008 times
THANKS!

I will start looking that way!

Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Quote:

Thanks for all the help.

I second the motion for Fort Mill, though you will have to pay closer to that $900 price range. In addition, check out the great little town of Belmont - not a whole lot of rentals in either of these towns, but they are definitely worth investigating. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:42 PM

444 posts, read 1,643,578 times
Try Springs in Steele Creek price is approximately $625. a month. Go to Craigslist.com

You would be very close to work less than 15 min.

Be careful to stay away from the Walmart area just off 485 though. The rest of the area south is ok though.

Good luck

Dunroven

Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM

529 posts, read 1,971,873 times
Steele Creek in NC but SC probably would be cheaper. There are several neighborhoods with Town Homes, houses and apartments just past ArrowPointe. I believe it is off tryon rd, but out there it is Hwy 49 I think. Anyway, they are just past AP within the next 5 miles.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,099 times
Default Catawba Apts Belmont, NC

I live in Catawba Apts in Belmont, NC which is about 15-20 minutes from where you'll be working. My husband and I both work in Charlotte. Rent here is 760 a month, 10 extra for the lab, I paid a 100 or 200 pet fee when I moved in. But it's for a 1000 sq ft, I think. Two bedrooms, two baths. Great neighborhood. In walking distance to a couple bars, resturants, and park. I'm actually having a baby in November, it might work out perfect. Especially if your a red sox fan, surely you are coming from Boston. :-) Email me at [EMAIL="derekandcallie@hotmail.com"]derekandcallie@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] if you have any questions.

Quote:

Thanks for all the help.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,845,359 times
Quote:

Thanks for all the help.
Just got back from Boston. Rained every day unfortunately. Anyway, for the rent, you might want to look around University City. It is pretty safe as far as cities go, has plenty of ammenities, is easily accessible to town and less then 30 minutes from your work, and has plenty of rental opportunities. Look around, but don't exclude University City. Might be a good area for finding work as a nanny as well witht the university staff, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte