Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 03:03 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times

Advertisements

Hi, my Wife, my daughter, and have lived in Charlotte area for 10 months now.

We are looking to purchase a home doing starting to do some research.

We were thinking staying on the east side of Charlotte due to universities and lot more medical jobs on that side.

Like Huntersville but might be out of our range

We enjoyed visit to Locust and Midland area.

Belmont is on our list.

Indian Trail area seems great just way too congested and crowded.

Any feedback on Belmont, Locust, Harrisburg, Concord, and Mint Hill???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 06:21 AM

425 posts, read 418,993 times
The far eastern side of Charlotte along 27 towards Locust is the last area of generally undeveloped land on that side of Charlotte. I expect it'll fill in like University City did, over the next 15-20 years. So if you buy there, services (and traffic) will follow.

Whenever I've had some curiosity about Harrisburg, and made searches there, I feel like it doesn't present many options. I suppose the construction in that area is at a higher price point than I'm comfortable with, or it's still just a small city with few listings.

Concord is an old city - I don't mean that in a negative way, it grew more independently from Charlotte than the bedroom towns and suburbs. You will sense that it has more of it's own street layout and mill-era identity, if you drive around there. This appeals to some people more than others.

Mint Hill is still in Mecklenburg county - so that means CMS for schools, and remaining engaged with Mecklenburg politics, however you view that.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:30 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,698,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

Any feedback on Belmont, Locust, Harrisburg, Concord, and Mint Hill???
All are good areas, with a mix of very suburban developments to rather rural feeling areas within their town/city limits. Concord for example has areas that are near downtown and older / established from the mill town era, extremely suburban large developments of new homes, and rather rural feeling areas.

Concord, Belmont, and Harrisburg are closest to shopping / stores. Mint Hill, you will be driving to Independence Boulevard for a lot of big box stores. Locust is the most small town / rural.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:11 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,960,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMI View Post
The far eastern side of Charlotte along 27 towards Locust is the last area of generally undeveloped land on that side of Charlotte. I expect it'll fill in like University City did, over the next 15-20 years. So if you buy there, services (and traffic) will follow.

Whenever I've had some curiosity about Harrisburg, and made searches there, I feel like it doesn't present many options. I suppose the construction in that area is at a higher price point than I'm comfortable with, or it's still just a small city with few listings.

Concord is an old city - I don't mean that in a negative way, it grew more independently from Charlotte than the bedroom towns and suburbs. You will sense that it has more of it's own street layout and mill-era identity, if you drive around there. This appeals to some people more than others.

Mint Hill is still in Mecklenburg county - so that means CMS for schools, and remaining engaged with Mecklenburg politics, however you view that.
The downtown part of Concord is an old city. Concord has annexed a lot in the last 14 years especially in the areas around Concord Mills and west to the Meck county line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte