Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 07:48 PM

105 posts, read 115,841 times

Advertisements

I’m looking for a apartment complex that doesn’t have breed restrictions price around 900-1000 for a one bedroom. I would prefer someone that doesn’t check credit or they don’t have strict credit requirements. I also would prefer it to be in a good area with a lot of shopping around. I had applied to Heather Ridge in University City because I loved the area with soo much close by but they outsource their screening process. I make plenty money for the cost of the apartment but my credit history isn’t the best. Do anyone have any recommendations in the University City area ? Or north of uptown? My Job is in Mooreville but I want to stay in University City/ North Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 06:15 AM

425 posts, read 411,739 times
It's going to be very tough to do that. It's not merely a whim of the apartment management - their property insurance often stipulates that it excludes liability for certain breeds of dogs. You're more likely to get a break from a smaller private landlord, if you can show him/her the dog, and demonstrate that it's well behaved. So I would advise focusing on condos or homes for rent over apartments.

Old 01-30-2021, 06:50 AM

4,524 posts, read 6,213,493 times
Just a thought......If I were an owner or manager of an apartment complex, or for that matter just had a room to rent, what would be my incentive to rent to someone without running a background/credit check on a prospective renter and/or who had a pet that is questionable or a potential liability ?

It seems you have two strikes against you, can you eliminate one to improve your chances?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 01-30-2021, 07:05 AM

5,408 posts, read 5,885,365 times
Look at Shannon Green ($850 range) off Old Concord really close to the University.
It's a small condominium complex that is probably 90 or 95 percent absentee owners. They stay rented mostly, so it's hard to find a vacant one. I'm not certain, but my guess is the breed restrictions are less in condos.
There are also lots of condos for rent off Hanberry Blvd in University Townes and University Heights ($1100-1600 range). Those are all individually owned, but many are rented by the owners.
I have owned one there and rented to occupants with Pitbulls and German Shepherds, no problems. I can't swear to it, but I never saw any breed restrictions in the bylaws, only a limit on number of pets. (4).

There are also lots of condos for rent out Back Creek Church rd, between Back Creek and 485

FYI: I never ran background checks, just asked for three (non-family references) a work reference, and couple of other financial references/confirmations.

Last edited by getatag; 01-30-2021 at 07:14 AM..

Old 01-30-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Just a thought......If I were an owner or manager of an apartment complex, or for that matter just had a room to rent, what would be my incentive to rent to someone without running a background/credit check on a prospective renter and/or who had a pet that is questionable or a potential liability ?

It seems you have two strikes against you, can you eliminate one to improve your chances?

Regards
Gemstone1
I have no Criminal History, So I don't care if they run a background check. Also I make nearly 20/hr and I have a Stable Work history. I have never had a job for less than 2 years. also I'm not Getting rid of my dog. I love Dogs and I hate owners who discard their pets just because they have been inconvenienced. Ive seen many people who get dogs and then 2-3 months later they are trying to give them away or abandon them at a shelter. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to respond. but As I see it I don't have a strike against me. I have no Evictions and I make enough money to rent in most non Luxury Developments. And if they don't accept Pitt Bulls then they aren't a fit for me.

Old 01-30-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Look at Shannon Green ($850 range) off Old Concord really close to the University.
It's a small condominium complex that is probably 90 or 95 percent absentee owners. They stay rented mostly, so it's hard to find a vacant one. I'm not certain, but my guess is the breed restrictions are less in condos.
There are also lots of condos for rent off Hanberry Blvd in University Townes and University Heights ($1100-1600 range). Those are all individually owned, but many are rented by the owners.
I have owned one there and rented to occupants with Pitbulls and German Shepherds, no problems. I can't swear to it, but I never saw any breed restrictions in the bylaws, only a limit on number of pets. (4).

There are also lots of condos for rent out Back Creek Church rd, between Back Creek and 485

FYI: I never ran background checks, just asked for three (non-family references) a work reference, and couple of other financial references/confirmations.
Thank you for your response. I will certainly look into these suggestions. I really do appreciate your response.

Old 01-30-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post

HEy, as far as Shannon Green do you have a way to contact them? I Googled them, and there isn't a phone number or website listed. I'm currently living 3hr away from Charlotte. Do you have a way to reach any of the owners?

Old 01-30-2021, 11:40 AM

5,408 posts, read 5,885,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
HEy, as far as Shannon Green do you have a way to contact them? I Googled them, and there isn't a phone number or website listed. I'm currently living 3hr away from Charlotte. Do you have a way to reach any of the owners?
The only thing I can suggest is keep an eye on Zillow under the rent tab. Zero on those areas and check daily.
You will not find a website or phone number listed because they are all individually owned Condos that are rented by owners.
Sometimes you can call the HOA management team and they will have listings for rental units, but since they are building management only, there is no incentive for them to share which one's are rentals.

I see none at Shannon Green at the moment. Personally, I know one owner at Shannon Green and their unit just began a 12 month lease at the moment.

This one is about the cheapest in the area right now:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...11444264_zpid/

found another:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...78317988_zpid/

Last edited by getatag; 01-30-2021 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 01-30-2021, 04:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,233,174 times
You should check Colonial Grand/MAA apartments. In other states they have no breed restrictions, but I’m not sure about Charlotte. I would imagine it would be the same.

Credit history is another story.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:06 AM

4,524 posts, read 6,213,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
... also Ive seen many people who get dogs and then 2-3 months later they are trying to give them away or abandon them at a I'm not Getting rid of my dog. I love Dogs and I hate owners who discard their pets just because they have been inconvenienced..... And if they don't accept Pitt Bulls then they aren't a fit for me.
Yep, there are two sides to that coin. I don't understand folks who cannot separate from pet animals when they pose some type of easily remedied problem.....like finding housing.... then complain (not that you are) that they cannot find a place to stay.

When it was time for us to embark on a new RV lifestyle, it was time to find new homes for two shedding Jack Russell's, both long time pets...the last thing I wanted in the $90K RV was dog hair over everything. It was not going to be like the life they had on the farm, when they could spend all day running around outside...it would have been cruel to confine them to an RV for the rest of their lives. They were replaced with a smaller, not so active, non-shedding breed. But, to each his/her own...I don't make the rules. Wish you luck.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte