Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 11:52 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,976,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24gf424g View Post
If you're a property owner you better hope they are STEM jobs... Concord is pretty close to Denver so I hope it's median-salary stuff at least....

I agree with some others here Davidson, Concord, Kannapolis have some growing to do. It takes time to replace old houses with new and get rid of bad elements

Concord is 45 minutes from Denver on a good day and that's big you live in Concord closer to Huntersville. If on the other side of Concord, you an hour plus from Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 12:26 PM

157 posts, read 108,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Concord is 45 minutes from Denver on a good day and that's big you live in Concord closer to Huntersville. If on the other side of Concord, you an hour plus from Denver.

It's not actually.... I take 73/davidson-highway to Kannapolis and Concord all the time and it's about 45 minutes on a bad day. Unless you just sit behind timid drivers who get everyone stuck at lights and go 43MPH in the 55MPH zones...

Also, FYI on freeways and interstates you're not suppose to stop on the on-ramps unless there is a light on the on-ramp... I could even do rolling merge my first-year of driving and I've never been in an accident in about half a century of driving... Right lane has legal right-of-way but finding a hole while rolling is far from being hard save extreme congestion...

Old 07-22-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
It's not actually.... I take 73/davidson-highway to Kannapolis and Concord all the time and it's about 45 minutes on a bad day. Unless you just sit behind timid drivers who get everyone stuck at lights and go 43MPH in the 55MPH zones...

Also, FYI on freeways and interstates you're not suppose to stop on the on-ramps unless there is a light on the on-ramp... I could even do rolling merge my first-year of driving and I've never been in an accident in about half a century of driving... Right lane has legal right-of-way but finding a hole while rolling is far from being hard save extreme congestion...
Even through the Sam Furr/Birkdale area? I mean it takes me 25 minutes to get to Birkdale and I live off of 73.

Old 07-22-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Even through the Sam Furr/Birkdale area? I mean it takes me 25 minutes to get to Birkdale and I live off of 73.

That's what I take. Huntersville lights are a bit annoying but once you get past Catawba Ave and 115 lights it's only bad drivers you have to worry about. Those are 55 zones that don't have heavy sub divisions yet..

I've actually clocked someone who works at Concord Mills in mid-day traffic coming to the center of Denver where Stacy's Restaurant is and it took about 45 minutes in heavy traffic.

I think it's driving style... We don't use cellphones at lights, keep 2 seconds behind, and pass when drivers are going at at least 5MPH under posted..

Old 07-23-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
That's what I take. Huntersville lights are a bit annoying, but once you get past Catawba Ave and 115 lights, it's only bad drivers you have to worry about. Those are 55 zones that don't have heavy sub divisions yet..

I've actually clocked someone who works at Concord Mills in mid-day traffic coming to the center of Denver where Stacy's Restaurant is and it took about 45 minutes in heavy traffic.

I think it's driving style... We don't use cellphones at lights, keep 2 seconds behind, and pass when drivers are going at at least 5MPH under posted..
Once you get past Catawba some of 73 (which turns into something else - 16 maybe) is no passing. We have friends who live in Denver on the lake and have been visiting them since we lived here, perhaps it's a difference of location in Denver. I'm not sure what driving style and cell phones have to do with it, but as an FYI - We visited them when we had flip phones and it still took us at least 45 minutes if not longer. It's not a hop, skip and jump like you're making it out to be.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Once you get past Catawba some of 73 (which turns into something else - 16 maybe) is no passing. We have friends who live in Denver on the lake and have been visiting them since we lived here, perhaps it's a difference of location in Denver. I'm not sure what driving style and cell phones have to do with it, but as an FYI - We visited them when we had flip phones and it still took us at least 45 minutes if not longer. It's not a hop, skip and jump like you're making it out to be.
Again, not true... Go on Google maps right now there are dotted lines both ways. No Passing sign well after dotted going towards Concord.

One after McGuire Nuclear Stat Rd towards 16 for passing people going 35-45 in a 55... One towards Concord on 73/Sam Furr/Davidson after Westmoreland Rd for passing people going 35-45 in a 55.

Huntersville lights are four-lane too so you can pass them when they sit through a green on their cell phones. Which is pretty much a guarantee...

Once upon a time I was a professional driver(and was for decades with a clean record). Trooper, DOT agents, Sherriff, and Police all use to ticket for "impeding traffic". That's actually still illegal but there are so many bad drivers and the DMV pretty much throws a Class C at anyone who can fog a mirror...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte