U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 AM

36 posts, read 96,754 times

Advertisements

Looking for a "big girl" bedroom set for my three year old daughter. Something affordable and durable, hoping to last well into her teen years(if possible). Simply, quality is a must.... Any ideas??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 AM

777 posts, read 2,356,758 times
The store next door/attached to USA Baby on South Blvd....called Childs Space.

USA Baby (http://www.usababy.com/franchisees/nc_charlotte/ - broken link)

Welcome to ChildSpace: The Store for Kids Two Thru College

Also Rooms To Go on independence has Childrens Furniture.

There is place called Slumberkids behind Carolina Place Mall (never been there but I always drive by).
Slumber Kids Furniture Home Page (http://www.slumberkids.com/servlet/StoreFront - broken link)

Old 05-13-2008, 09:16 PM

279 posts, read 820,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost4now View Post
Looking for a "big girl" bedroom set for my three year old daughter. Something affordable and durable, hoping to last well into her teen years(if possible). Simply, quality is a must.... Any ideas??
Just a word of advice. I wish I had gotten full sized beds instead of twin beds for the kids when they were ready to have a real bed. My three older kids are 13,16 and 20 and we just replaced their twin beds. I have a four year old and went ahead and got him a full sized bed. The twin beds never were really big enough.If you have room,opt for the full or even queen size, and go ahead and get a good mattress.They will use it for a long time!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:45 PM

9,114 posts, read 16,241,893 times
Have you tried Craigslist?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 PM

380 posts, read 1,651,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunter View Post
Just a word of advice. I wish I had gotten full sized beds instead of twin beds for the kids when they were ready to have a real bed. My three older kids are 13,16 and 20 and we just replaced their twin beds. I have a four year old and went ahead and got him a full sized bed. The twin beds never were really big enough.If you have room,opt for the full or even queen size, and go ahead and get a good mattress.They will use it for a long time!
Well I wouldn't buy a full size because as we just found out when we moved here the kids' bedrooms in some of these homes are so small. Our teen age daughter wanted a bigger bed when she moved and I am glad we didn't get one because her room is not big enough with her bed, dresser, and desk. I really don't understand these kids thinking they need a bigger bed. Now I can see a tall kid wanting a queen because queen is longer but I believe a full size bed is the same length as twin. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:56 PM

99 posts, read 365,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
Well I wouldn't buy a full size because as we just found out when we moved here the kids' bedrooms in some of these homes are so small. Our teen age daughter wanted a bigger bed when she moved and I am glad we didn't get one because her room is not big enough with her bed, dresser, and desk. I really don't understand these kids thinking they need a bigger bed. Now I can see a tall kid wanting a queen because queen is longer but I believe a full size bed is the same length as twin. Just my 2 cents worth.
Maybe that is because your teenager is a girl. I have a 15 year old 5'10" 185 lb. boy. When I go into his room in the morning all I see are these man size arms and legs hanging off the sides of his twin size bed. I am definitely getting him a full size bed for the new house!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 PM

444 posts, read 1,536,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Have you tried Craigslist?
Craigslist is awesome. Prices are good and the furniture over all is good.
Also, try Factory Outlet in Waxhaw. They have good furniture at very affordable prices.

Good luck!!

Dunroven

Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 PM

148 posts, read 430,781 times
We purchased our daughter's bedroom furniture at Costco when she was 3 (now 9). It is white painted solid wood with nice detail. We got a great bed with a trundle and an armoir. It looks like pottery barn kids at a much better price, and has held up well through two (soon to be three) moves. We got twin mattresses at Costco too!
We just purchased a bed for our son at Rooms to Go Kids. I think the quality there varies depending on what you choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte