Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 07:05 PM

157 posts, read 105,320 times

Advertisements

You do realize you could of put that all in one post... right?

If the DOT and RPA aren't credible enough for you then you're not going to believe anything... The Charlotte-Atlanta megalopolis isn't the dragons-tier myth you're trying to soap-box it in to...

By the way I've been an investor and developer in both places for over thirty years.... What have you done? My first buy in Dekalb Atlanta was a community on a dirt-road; now it's million dollar homes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 08:08 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,049 times
Default The secret is out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24gf424g View Post
You do realize you could of put that all in one post... right?

If the DOT and RPA aren't credible enough for you then you're not going to believe anything... The Charlotte-Atlanta megalopolis isn't the dragons-tier myth you're trying to soap-box it in to...

By the way I've been an investor and developer in both places for over thirty years.... What have you done? My first buy in Dekalb Atlanta was a community on a dirt-road; now it's million dollar homes...
This is ridiculous.
I posted a 2nd time here yesterday because upon further consideration, I thought that perhaps a change of 1 word in your original post would have made more sense; i.e. a change of "CATCH up to" over into "CONNECT up to".

I am not the first person on this thread to ask you to clarify your first post here.

As for the rest of your post, who exactly are you talking to? And why are you taking swipes at me? I agreed with your idea of an Atlanta-Charlotte megalopolis developing along the I-85 corridor. And I also looked at your 3 links.
What I then said in my 2nd post was that those 3 support the concept of "CONNECTING" up Charlotte and Atlanta not "CATCHING" up as you wrote it.

***Reading comprehension***

Last edited by atler8; 09-30-2021 at 08:19 AM..

Old 10-02-2021, 05:04 AM

52 posts, read 48,356 times
Very well said. I thought I was the only one who feels this way. Charlotte sucks to me, for the exact reasons you mentioned. People still keep trying to convince themselves that Charlotte is such a great place. If one is a country person like me, Charlotte and it’s surrounding area sucks!!! If you like big cities, there are so many more better choices than Charlotte .

I don’t get the appeal and can’t wait to move away from this area.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:10 PM

1,655 posts, read 774,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarkman View Post
Very well said. I thought I was the only one who feels this way. Charlotte sucks to me, for the exact reasons you mentioned. People still keep trying to convince themselves that Charlotte is such a great place. If one is a country person like me, Charlotte and it’s surrounding area sucks!!! If you like big cities, there are so many more better choices than Charlotte .

I don’t get the appeal and can’t wait to move away from this area.
I’m a small town country person that has lived in the Charlotte metro all my life. I went to school with plenty of people more country than me. Dallas, Bessemer, Cherryville, Kings Mtn, up around Shelby, Lincolnton, etc, etc, are all full of country people/rednecks.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:54 PM

157 posts, read 105,320 times
The funny thing is... I don't disagree that Charlotte and the Piedmont sucks... I just help people turn it in to track-housing and sub-divisions while they complain about it being track-housing and sub-divisions while it's THEY who sold it... Welcome to the South....

Old 10-03-2021, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24gf424g View Post
The funny thing is... I don't disagree that Charlotte and the Piedmont sucks... I just help people turn it in to track-housing and sub-divisions while they complain about it being track-housing and sub-divisions while it's THEY who sold it... Welcome to the South....
I imagine track housing and sub divisions are bound to happen when the number of people wanting in far outpaces the number of available homes.

You say it sucks…I say it’s great. Don’t know if I could survive without the large selection of delicious BBQ and Tony’s ice cream. Being nearly equal distance from beautiful mountains and beaches is just icing on the cake.

Old 10-17-2021, 08:19 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Will take any kind of humidity over anything any colder than NC. I wish NC had FL weather but then I hear people complaining about FL weather for some reason.
I’m a few days late but hope it’s okay I chime in? Florida’s summers are too long (for me at least). For the first time in over 150 days we had a temperature lower than 70. That includes nighttime temperatures. Up until today we had daytime high temps at or above 90 degrees and 90+ humidity in October! I’m near Tampa btw. Five years of the heat, crowds and traffic of this area and I’m ready to move. Was thinking about Charlotte, but it seems traffic may not be much better. I would like to live a little more rural life. Four-five acres, maybe a little more. I’m on a postage size lot now which is typical in Florida.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I’m a few days late but hope it’s okay I chime in? Florida’s summers are too long (for me at least). For the first time in over 150 days we had a temperature lower than 70. That includes nighttime temperatures. Up until today we had daytime high temps at or above 90 degrees and 90+ humidity in October! I’m near Tampa btw. Five years of the heat, crowds and traffic of this area and I’m ready to move. Was thinking about Charlotte, but it seems traffic may not be much better. I would like to live a little more rural life. Four-five acres, maybe a little more. I’m on a postage size lot now which is typical in Florida.
Plenty of places around here to live rural with low traffic within 30-45 minutes of center city. I grew up in Gaston County and we never really went into Charlotte to avoid the traffic.

Old 10-19-2021, 08:17 AM

571 posts, read 547,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarino View Post
Similar in population, not close. More affordable overall? Yes.

Richmond, VA.

The population means nothing either way, still a top 100 city itself at roughly 233k and a metro population of 1.3 million, not small by any means.

Like I said, it's not flat out unaffordable yet, it's trending that way and most people don't notice it because they're mostly coming from even more expensive metros.
You are comparing Richmond to Charlotte. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-19-2021, 04:50 PM

252 posts, read 879,555 times
Coming from New York, moving to Charlotte North Carolina was the best decision I've ever made. Cost of living in NY to NC, huge difference. Taxes are a quarter of what it is in NY (LI reference). Not one highway slows as much as the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn, unless it is a Friday on a hot 3 day weekend and everyone is heading to Myrtle Beach. I don't miss the tolls either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte