Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,117,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You don't think asking for a really specific type of person isn't exclusionary by nature???? If I was single her request would eliminate me because of my skin color. I'd call that exclusionary.
Yes, it was exclusionary but people have the right to decide what "group" they wish to socialize with. Now me, for ex., I might post - "where can I go to meet all those hunky Joisey boys who have moved down South?"

Old 05-16-2008, 08:41 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,352,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, it was exclusionary but people have the right to decide what "group" they wish to socialize with. Now me, for ex., I might post - "where can I go to meet all those hunky Joisey boys who have moved down South?"

Stop trying to derail me on this thread! This has Hall of Fame written all over it for me.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM

TJ: here is a group you might be interested in:

About Charlotte Black Professionals - Charlotte Black Professionals (Charlotte, NC) - Meetup.com

Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,608,826 times
Quote:
You don't think asking for a really specific type of person isn't exclusionary by nature???? If I was single her request would eliminate me because of my skin color. I'd call that exclusionary.
Nope I don't. If you were of Russian heritage and wanted to know where you could meet single Russian women, I would not feel excluded at all. That may be your interest because you might share a common background or religon. I'm ok with that.

Then again, I think I'm really cute and I'm very intelligent... so even with your desire to meet single Russian women, I can't imagine that you would not be interested in getting to know me if we meet in a social setting.

ok... back to topic.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Stop trying to derail me on this thread! This has Hall of Fame written all over it for me.
Ok. Well TJ referenced the K organization. Why don't you play w/ that a while.

However, I know you are counting down the days to deserting us . . . and I keep hearing this song in my head: "Oh my little Joisey boy . . . la la la la . . . you are leavin' me . . . "

Old 05-16-2008, 08:48 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Ok. Well TJ referenced the K organization. Why don't you play w/ that a while.

However, I know you are counting down the days to deserting us . . . and I keep hearing this song in my head: "Oh my little Joisey boy . . . la la la la . . . you are leavin' me . . . "

And I don't say "Joisey", either.

It's Jurrrrrsey.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:53 AM

46 posts, read 114,059 times
Quote:
Hi, Ivy! I think this thread is a little weird in its responses, b/c two threads were merged. This thread - and then another one the same person posted a few minutes later about the same thing - only in that thread . . . the person said she didn't want to have to deal with street thugs and crimnal low-life, only wanted to know where to go to meet the upscale brothers. It was something that implied it was hard to find a black man in town who was not a thug or a criminal low-life, so it really sounded insulting - and my first reaction was - oh my - this is not a sincere post. That is why there are responses here that seem a little "off" - those two threads were merged.

I think if I posted - hey, I am gonna be there in a few weeks and I want to know where to go to meet the upscale, well-heeled and educated white men; I don't want to go to clubs were there are white trash, crackers and rednecks - everyone would have just said - Dern, lady, you are TACKY and a snob!

Now if the original poster had put - I am an AA woman, moving here in a few weeks, and wondering - are there good places to hang out where I can meet some fine AA men? Putting it that way - no one would have thought a thing. There are a few clubs here, plus there is a meetup organization which is out of DC, I think - and they have really nice parties where people can meet and greet. I just can't remember the details- so if the poster is sincere - maybe someone can post some of those details for her.
Hi,
Maybe ur right. I dont know her motives or intentions. I just read the post for what it was. I didnt see the other previous posts. She may have other alternatives or she may just not be very eloquent in her speech. I dont know. This probably isnt the right forum for her inquiry. But maybe she thought she would give it a try and see what responses she received. But I just dont understand some of the rude, insulting reponses she received just b/c she inquired about a specific race of men. If she's truly, honestly looking for opinions/suggestions from Charlotte residents wouldnt it be better to not respond at all rather than insult and ridicule? Just my opinion.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
And I don't say "Joisey", either.

It's Jurrrrrsey.
Now, Brian, don't get testy. You know Southerners have problem with YOUR ACCENT. Okay, I'll try again . . . "Oh my little Jurrrrrrsey boy . . . you are leavin' me . . . " Either way, you are heading up 95 . . .

And TJ came on here and wanted to feel the LOVE. We need to be feeling the love, Brian.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymw2002 View Post
Hi,
Maybe ur right. I dont know her motives or intentions. I just read the post for what it was. I didnt see the other previous posts. She may have other alternatives or she may just not be very eloquent in her speech. I dont know. This probably isnt the right forum for her inquiry. But maybe she thought she would give it a try and see what responses she received. But I just dont understand some of the rude, insulting reponses she received just b/c she inquired about a specific race of men. If she's truly, honestly looking for opinions/suggestions from Charlotte residents wouldnt it be better to not respond at all rather than insult and ridicule? Just my opinion.
Well, I posted a link. Maybe others can find links that are helpful?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Now, Brian, don't get testy. You know Southerners have problem with YOUR ACCENT. Okay, I'll try again . . . "Oh my little Jurrrrrrsey boy . . . you are leavin' me . . . " Either way, you are heading up 95 . . .

And TJ came on here and wanted to feel the LOVE. We need to be feeling the love, Brian.
Thanks...I now have no answers for this thread any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: