U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 03:17 PM

18 posts, read 45,066 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just moved to Matthews from South Carolina. We are going to go on Thursday to get our new license's and also register our cars. I always thought I was going to go to Monroe because Charlotte is so busy. But I learned today that I can't do both at the same office, only at the DMB off of Brookshire. So is it worth it to go to Brookshire to get both, or do one in Monroe and go to the other office in Monroe? Any help or hints would be appreciated. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,924,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtjham View Post
My wife and I just moved to Matthews from South Carolina. We are going to go on Thursday to get our new license's and also register our cars. I always thought I was going to go to Monroe because Charlotte is so busy. But I learned today that I can't do both at the same office, only at the DMB off of Brookshire. So is it worth it to go to Brookshire to get both, or do one in Monroe and go to the other office in Monroe? Any help or hints would be appreciated. Thanks!
One word.....YES.

Key thing is...if you can get there about 15 monutes before they open...you can breeze right thru the place...most other times of the day it is packed due to being the only place you can do both. GET THERE EARLY!! Avoid lunch times too!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 PM

78 posts, read 214,874 times
I would also recommend calling and making sure you have everything you need. They do not take debit/credit cards, checks or cash only.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 PM

48 posts, read 175,677 times
Monroe is busy. I got there mid-day, and the wait was over 2 hours. So I came back Monday morning 30 minutes before they opened, and was 12th in line. The wait once I got a number was about an hour. I got my vehicles registered at the Independence office. The wait was an hour. Don't go on Fridays. And even if you bring a cheque, make sure you bring cash too, because they charge you to watch you sign the form if you can belive it. It is the notary fee. And they only take cash for that. Even when you sign in front of them, it has to be notarized. And guess what, they are all notaries and they charge you for it....

Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 PM

380 posts, read 1,651,147 times
I would avoid Brookshire at all costs. I had to wait 3 hours and had to stand the whole time. My son just moved here and I took him to Mooresville and the people were so much nicer and we were in and out in 50 min. Then had to drive just a couple miles down the road to get license plates and only waited 5 min. But I know Mooresville might be too inconvenient if you are down in Matthews area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte