Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 08:04 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,662,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Ani & Loves were my favorite posters as well
I was going to university while also working full time and just got so busy, would jump on occasionally .
Good to see your face back on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Let's face it...it's why we were given two ears. Great ideas, different points of view, and common sense advice have something to go in and out of.
Appreciate your commentary, and I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 02:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,666,416 times
I stopped posting because too many people were trolling Charlotte.

This was a great tool when I was moving here but once I settled in I realized a lot of posters didn’t live in areas they were trashing and a lot of the “data” was overblown.

but I also realized some people live outside of Charlotte and truly see it as a terrible crime ridden city. I came from Philly and Brooklyn so what considered terrible was just city living.

also, even now I’m reading post from people who don’t live here but feel the need to bash the city which is odd.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:23 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,174,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
That's a good synopsis; Ani & Loves were among my favorite posters. They helped me quite a bit as I was becoming acquainted with the area.

Old 06-12-2022, 01:45 PM

425 posts, read 420,234 times
To answer the OP - I used to post under another name, got annoyed with one of the moderators suppressing my posts, and quit for a few years.

But stroll through the other state forums on CD and you will see it's gotten much slower everywhere. The Triangle forum is still quite active ... but overall the forums just feel "musty".

Overall I agree with the earlier sentiments expressed that the forum became a grouchy/crabby place. Some personalities here were just so insistent on "being right" and keeping argumentative threads going.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:15 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,403,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMI View Post
To answer the OP - I used to post under another name, got annoyed with one of the moderators suppressing my posts, and quit for a few years.

But stroll through the other state forums on CD and you will see it's gotten much slower everywhere. The Triangle forum is still quite active ... but overall the forums just feel "musty".

Overall I agree with the earlier sentiments expressed that the forum became a grouchy/crabby place. Some personalities here were just so insistent on "being right" and keeping argumentative threads going.

Very much so.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/gree...w-numbers.html

I mean. The most popular topic right now in the Triad has a title starting with "despite DELUSIONS of some members..."

It's extremely negative. I rather go on platforms where when people do complain, it's funny or true. WashingtonianProblems for example has some complaints but they're funny, they're all locals. I follow where they talk about new restaurants, events, who is being elected, etc.

Old 07-01-2022, 11:27 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,908,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Very much so.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/gree...w-numbers.html

I mean. The most popular topic right now in the Triad has a title starting with "despite DELUSIONS of some members..."

It's extremely negative. I rather go on platforms where when people do complain, it's funny or true. WashingtonianProblems for example has some complaints but they're funny, they're all locals. I follow where they talk about new restaurants, events, who is being elected, etc.
How about addressing me directly next time? Thanks.

And “delusion” describes a behavior.

There’s nothing negative about that. And it’s a fact. And for many, that title would be humorous but … here we are on CD with where a behavior descriptor is viewed as negative and offensive and off putting. Smh

Y’all should thank me for bringing life to that subforum. This is a prime example of another thing that has made CD insufferable… the sensitive nature of folks’ reactions to innocuous statements. Then they run to the mods and the next thing you know warnings and bans and thread locks occur. Smh.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:09 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,403,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
How about addressing me directly next time? Thanks.

And “delusion” describes a behavior.

There’s nothing negative about that. And it’s a fact. And for many, that title would be humorous but … here we are on CD with where a behavior descriptor is viewed as negative and offensive and off putting. Smh

Y’all should thank me for bringing life to that subforum. This is a prime example of another thing that has made CD insufferable… the sensitive nature of folks’ reactions to innocuous statements. Then they run to the mods and the next thing you know warnings and bans and thread locks occur. Smh.
I’m sensitive? I was simply agreeing the place has become grouchy & crabby.

But in my opinion, this post is a perfect example of what I mean. I wasn’t and haven’t been offended. I’ve never reported anyone to a moderator. I don’t address people if I have nothing substantive to add or feel like commenting on (you think I’d post “it seems crabby to say DELUSION in your title” in that topic? I’m not your guardian… Post what you what to post)

You made this very dramatic post over a simple passing comment. Who wants to read miserable post like this? And I say that calm, not offended, not bothered. It’s just like. Take a chill pill. It’s not that serious.

I apologize if my post wasn’t sensitive enough or offended you. (Yes. That’s intended to point out the irony rather than to be sincere.)

Old 07-01-2022, 07:26 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,908,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I’m sensitive? I was simply agreeing the place has become grouchy & crabby.

But in my opinion, this post is a perfect example of what I mean. I wasn’t and haven’t been offended. I’ve never reported anyone to a moderator. I don’t address people if I have nothing substantive to add or feel like commenting on (you think I’d post “it seems crabby to say DELUSION in your title” in that topic? I’m not your guardian… Post what you what to post)

You made this very dramatic post over a simple passing comment. Who wants to read miserable post like this? And I say that calm, not offended, not bothered. It’s just like. Take a chill pill. It’s not that serious.

I apologize if my post wasn’t sensitive enough or offended you. (Yes. That’s intended to point out the irony rather than to be sincere.)

Youuuuuuuu started it, smh. You were sensitive in even referencing my thread. But it's fine.

I think we both want CD to be a thriving place, so let's just leave it at that.

*extends hand*

Old 07-03-2022, 07:19 PM

157 posts, read 107,092 times
Yeah I remember anything with a community using Vbulletin, Simple Machines, or PhPBB dying out before 2010... This and a couple of other slow communities are the only exceptions I'm aware of....

This forum is like 89% people who want a culdasac reccomendation in [target city, state] and then leave; mostly khaki dads and karens. Then you have some other sections here like politics, computers, and immigration that are basically US politics driven troll fests usually with a moderator or admin joining in to help one side by banning the other...

Facebook is utter garbage... Everyone reading this knows someone who goes on there all day and postures

Old 07-10-2022, 12:29 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,424,895 times
I am a native and REFUSE to learn spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte