Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 AM

175 posts, read 546,653 times

Advertisements

Is it me or have things gotten terribly slow. We have not had 1 showing in the past 3 weeks and it had been pretty steady before? Any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 AM

10 posts, read 29,073 times
You should expect things to be slow until after the presidential election. I've been in real estate for a long time and every election year is the same. . . slow. Reduce your price 10% or wait till next year and HOPE Charlotte doesn't fall into a real estate recession like 98% of the country.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:43 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,955,218 times
Also take in consideration that we had a mother's day weekend followed by a Memorial day weekend now we are looking at a graduation weekend. People are busy.

Also as stated above the elections and the bad news in the press is not helping. On the other hand my business is still pretty good so it really is hard to say!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:46 PM

175 posts, read 546,653 times
Thanks for the input... We really don't need to sell but we are anxious to get building on our lot!

I'll try to stay positive...I'm just tired of cleaning the house "just in case".

Old 06-06-2008, 04:26 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,152,672 times
It's not just you...things are slow. The economy has slowed down and it is affecting the Charlotte real estate market. Anyone who tells you different is not being truthful.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
It's also extremly hot! Not sure if that has an effect or not but if I were out looking for a house I'd kick back and wait until it cooled off a bit! Also look at all the jobs being lost right now---not good at all. I know my son is waiting to hear about a possible job before he can even consider getting a home. Times are tuff right now....good luck!

Old 06-06-2008, 06:05 PM

46 posts, read 134,165 times
While I do think the Charlotte market is in better shape than where we are- ground zero- Florida... I have looked at quite a few homes that we looked at a year ago that are still on the market. I have noticed that prices are starting to drop a bit, but nothing like they are down here. I would love to think that things are going to change soon, but I honestly don't see anything improving before the election. It just doesn't make sense to have anything change before then no matter who is elected. Just my two cents....

Old 06-06-2008, 06:33 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,242,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkette57 View Post
I have looked at quite a few homes that we looked at a year ago that are still on the market.
It is funny you mentioned that, because I've noticed the same thing. There are several houses STILL on the market that my wife and I looked at when we first moved to the Lake Norman area over a year ago. There are tons of houses that have been on the market 6 to 8 months. I am completely content renting a beautiful home fairly inexpensively for the time being.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,710,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
It is funny you mentioned that, because I've noticed the same thing. There are several houses STILL on the market that my wife and I looked at when we first moved to the Lake Norman area over a year ago. There are tons of houses that have been on the market 6 to 8 months. I am completely content renting a beautiful home fairly inexpensively for the time being.
We've also noticed that the few homes that were up for sale in Ayrsley (i.e. units 1-2 years old now being sold by the original owners) when we came down and signed our papers in February are still on the market. There, I think its a matter of paying pretty much the same price for a unit already lived in vs. one that's brand new.

There seems to be a fair amount of new construction going on in CLT - I would think that most people looking to buy a house, unless they need to close and move ASAP, would likely choose a brand new home over a pre-exisiting one when prices are comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte