Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM

84 posts, read 208,683 times

Advertisements

I just saw the most perfect house in the Waterlyn Community. The community looks great. I thought I'd post my own thread and see if anyone has any comments about the development or the area itself? I searched the Charlotte forums and the last post that was titled Waterlyn was from last May. Does anyone have any new opinions of the complex? Thanks in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 08:57 PM

77 posts, read 217,500 times
Waterlyn: Shopton Road: West Charlotte: growth tread is there. If you plan on being there for many years, OK. Appreciation and resale will be slow. http://www.newhomeguide.com/communitydetail.aspx?srch=st_1_4220**cid_3_9844

Are you familar with Charlotte? Why Waterlyn area?

Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 AM

102 posts, read 313,204 times
I am in waterlyn. It is ok. If i could do it over I probably wouldnt have moved here, but the people in the community are good. The builder cannot be trusted. I am looking into a possible lawsuit myself(long story) and that basically covers it.

the positives- If you are a young couple with young kids you will be set here. I think this has the makings of a solid community.

The negatives- DAVIS HOMES. not sure about Regent or True homes(took over for craft) STAY AWAY form Davis though. If you want more information PM ME. I will more than happily give that story.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:43 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
I just saw the most perfect house in the Waterlyn Community. The community looks great. I thought I'd post my own thread and see if anyone has any comments about the development or the area itself? I searched the Charlotte forums and the last post that was titled Waterlyn was from last May. Does anyone have any new opinions of the complex? Thanks in advance!!!!

There's also a Waterlynn in Mooresville by KB Homes.

BxRosie

Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 10,716 times
Default Currently Building

My house is underconstruction in Waterlyn. It is being built by True Homes. We have enjoyed the experience with True Homes so far. They are going through a transitional process right now b/c True Homes bought Craft Homes. So they have been making alot of changes to their pricing and floor models. They offer some things the other builders can't (3-car Garage, 3rd Floor, largest lots in Waterlyn, etc...)

I actually spoke with all three builders (Regent, Davis Homes, and True Homes). The sales guy from Regent was an a**. He was not professional and bad mouthed the other builders. Davis Homes was not really what we were looking for b/c they build houses with all of the extras included in the base model which means more $$$. We wanted to do the renovations ourselves.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
My thoughts on Waterlyn are just that it isn't nearly the nicest neighborhood in Steele Creek especially being next to Steelecroft, which is a problem area. I do like the look of the homes though but feel that you could probably find a nicer home in a better neighborhood for the same price.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:02 AM

2 posts, read 10,716 times
Are there any other neighborhoods in the same price range that you can get a 3-car garage???? I have not been able to find any.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 24,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy23 View Post
I am in waterlyn. It is ok. If i could do it over I probably wouldnt have moved here, but the people in the community are good. The builder cannot be trusted. I am looking into a possible lawsuit myself(long story) and that basically covers it.

the positives- If you are a young couple with young kids you will be set here. I think this has the makings of a solid community.

The negatives- DAVIS HOMES. not sure about Regent or True homes(took over for craft) STAY AWAY form Davis though. If you want more information PM ME. I will more than happily give that story.
NJGUY, I would like to know what happened to you regarding Waterlyn and Davis Homes, as this would better help me in my information collection. Thanks P3

Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 PM

248 posts, read 747,608 times
We live in a Davis home in Waterlyn and love the house and our lot, especially. Great neighbors, and I'm glad the pool is open now.

Looked at Craft Homes and Davis before we moved here - the homes Craft had before were much, much more interesting than what they're putting up now (no offense to anyone who is now in a True Home). Craft was building some of the biggest homes in Waterlyn a year ago, and now they're building the absolute smallest... and they seem to be building them as fast as they can, which I find a little alarming. Weird - I don't know what happened there.

It will be a couple of years before the whole neighborhood is finished and we see how the whole community fills in, but I'm not thrilled about living so close to Steelcroft. There is a thru street from here to there now and it's used way too much by that neighborhood, for some odd reason, considering where it's located.

We chose Waterlyn because it's closer to shopping than Berewick - plus the sales reps there were really sketchy last year - and I get to drive thru Winget Park on the way to work everyday.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:24 AM

102 posts, read 313,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerws View Post
njguy, i would like to know what happened to you regarding waterlyn and davis homes, as this would better help me in my information collection. Thanks p3
pm sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte