Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:36 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I think we are all headed to a point where we innocent people won't take it any more and thus form vigilante-style gangs. And I don't think it's a terrible idea at all since the police seem to not be able to help us.
Well, we are forming neighborhood watches . . . and lots of us have firearms. Of course, my hope would always be that if someone came into my home and realized I was there, they would just want to exit - no need for anyone to use a firearm. But you just never know. I keep hoping these thugs will read the paper or watch the news . . . and get the message that we are not going to take it anymore . . . but I think they keep getting away w/ it - one house after another - so they don't believe anything is going to happen to them. Then they get picked up by CMPD . . . and put into the catch and release program - only to go out and offend again. So until they believe someone is going to make them pay some consequences . . . we are all pretty much at their mercy. Now that is very difficult for me to accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,132 times
Default Smartandfun14u

Hey!

I sent you a 'direct message' through this site. Check your mail. The site put some [FONT] tags in the email so just ignore them (I dont know why it did that).

Either that or check your OKCupid messaging for my username: 'calee4nyaboy'

John

Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 PM

19 posts, read 50,537 times
I am sooo sorry this happened to you! I have to been a victim of a break in. Just in June and I have lived in my home in FL all my life- my father grew up in this house. It is SOOOOO violating. We got a gun and I feel SOOOOOOO much better since. My police dept didn't do anything and there were 6 other house on my street....its sad that these people have nothing better to do with their time.
What part of Charlotte do you live in? We are looking to move there but safety is #1.
I hope you get everything resolved and they catch the dump crooks.
The best of luck to you! Be attentive at all times, if you see something weird - report it - you may be the first to have the sense to do that.
Good luck hun!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 PM

228 posts, read 910,506 times
I just read all 8 pages and I need to know the outcome! Did the cops ever get back to you you? Did they catch them? Has your neighborhood had any break-ins since?

I hope all is well considering the circumstances :-)

Old 08-04-2008, 07:01 AM

43 posts, read 90,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm051 View Post
I just read all 8 pages and I need to know the outcome! Did the cops ever get back to you you? Did they catch them? Has your neighborhood had any break-ins since?

Me too. Did anyone ever drive down to the police station?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
It reminds me that I need to turn on my security system even during the day. I guess it is worth it getting a dog. Very sorry it happened. I hope they catch the thugs or better still, someone shots them.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:56 AM

523 posts, read 2,904,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm051 View Post

Thanks for your interest reading all 8 pages of this post! Well, for starters, I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Costa Rica so the robbery seems more distant now :-). I did receive some calls from the police detective working on the burglary over the last few weeks. He thought he had some good leads and told me that me and my other neighbors that were robbed would be the first to know if anything came of it. Unfortunately, it's been about three weeks since I've heard from him so I guess the evidence didn't link up.

The good news is that everyone in my neighborhood is much more aware now and there haven't been any incidents since. Apparently, my neighbors have called 911 three times over the past few weeks when anyone suspicious has been seen around the neighborhood. The other day I saw someone suspicious so I circled the neighborhood a few times to make sure that I didn't see any doors kicked in.

Other than that, everything is pretty good. My insurance company sent me a check so I've been slowly been buying back some electronics (no TVs, yet). I upgraded my camera which ended up being fantastic in Costa Rica! Other things were just annoying. I had closed one of my bank accounts (my bank card had been stolen). It turned out the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue had not yet cashed my tax check written out of that account so it bounced. I got fined, had to get a money order, etc. so that was stressful. Also, my new ATM card didn't work in Costa Rica and I spent hours at a bank there trying to get my card returned to me (the machine ate it twice!).

I haven't bought a gun or a dog. I'm looking for a roommate with a dog, though, so if anyone is interested in renting a very nice room in South End with newly fortified doors, let me know :-).

Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Good for you on your vacation. (would love to go to CR) Hopefully this will get resolved and you'll get full satisfaction. Keep safe!!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,980,371 times
Something tells me you work for "Protect Your Home"..........

Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,084 times
I know I was able to get a kick back for alarm referrals too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte