Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 AM

124 posts, read 583,101 times

Advertisements

We finally sold and closed on our home in NJ. We moved down to North Carolina at the end of May. We are renting in Stallings (Hunley Creek) and we absolutely love being here! My NJ friends keep asking "how are you adjusting?" and my answer has been consistent...we feel like we are exactly where we are meant to be! Love the weather (even those hot 90+ days), love having so many shopping options so close by and financially, we're in a much better place too! Thank you to all of you that have provided information to us leading up to our move. We are so happy to be here and have not looked back or questioned our decision for a minute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 09:10 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennysMom View Post
We finally sold and closed on our home in NJ. We moved down to North Carolina at the end of May. We are renting in Stallings (Hunley Creek) and we absolutely love being here! My NJ friends keep asking "how are you adjusting?" and my answer has been consistent...we feel like we are exactly where we are meant to be! Love the weather (even those hot 90+ days), love having so many shopping options so close by and financially, we're in a much better place too! Thank you to all of you that have provided information to us leading up to our move. We are so happy to be here and have not looked back or questioned our decision for a minute!
That is great news - I just knew you'd love Hunley Creek! Welcome home!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Hi there, KM! So glad you are here and getting settled in . . . and hope you will let us know if there are any resources or info we can provide.

WELCOME!!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
from another New Jeseyian Welcome Home..We loved it here too

Old 06-24-2008, 04:56 PM

158 posts, read 466,276 times
Congratulations to you and glad to hear that you are settling in just fine!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hi there, KM! So glad you are here and getting settled in . . . and hope you will let us know if there are any resources or info we can provide.

WELCOME!!!!
Hi - and thanks! Actually I could use a recommendation for a good doctor. I have pernicious anemia which requires me to get monthly B12 shots; I'm due for my next shot in the beginning of July. Any recommendations in the Stallings/Matthews area?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,496,398 times
Hi and welcome from another former Jerseyan.

I believe there's a thread on this forum called "recommend a doc" (maybe Anifani even started it?). That might be a good place to start looking for a new doctor.

Good luck!

Quote:
Hi - and thanks! Actually I could use a recommendation for a good doctor. I have pernicious anemia which requires me to get monthly B12 shots; I'm due for my next shot in the beginning of July. Any recommendations in the Stallings/Matthews area?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
Hi and welcome from another former Jerseyan.

I believe there's a thread on this forum called "recommend a doc" (maybe Anifani even started it?). That might be a good place to start looking for a new doctor.

Good luck!
Thanks, I took a look at that thread but didn't see much in my area and/or that was covered under my plan (United Healthcare). Does anyone have feedback on any of these doctors:

FAMILY PRACTICE[SIZE=2]Blodget, Andrew D, DO[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Blount Jr, C Whit, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Chen, Jenny L, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Collins, J Mark, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Conner, William J, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Cromwell, William C, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Dent, Marenda D, DO[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Friedman II, Roy J, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Garmon-Brown, Ophelia E, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Goodman Jr, Donald B, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Hall, David H, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Holler, Jody D, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Howard, Jerome, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Katibah III, William G, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Laguerre, Jacques P, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Maugel, Larry E, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]McShea, Joseph B, DO[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Mueller, Andrew T, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Mueller, Joseph C, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Shah, Narendra K, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sweeney, Scott, DO[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thomas, William Lee, MD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Whalen, Joseph B, MD[/SIZE]

Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Check to see if you insurance allows you to go to doctors at Mecklenburg Medical Group - they have awesome docs in Matthews (In particular, I love Dr. Peter Copsis, if you can get in - he's very popular)

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Check to see if you insurance allows you to go to doctors at Mecklenburg Medical Group - they have awesome docs in Matthews (In particular, I love Dr. Peter Copsis, if you can get in - he's very popular)
Thank you! Does he have two offices? One on E. Matthews Street the other on Sam Newell Rd? If your answer is yes, I'm in luck as he's in my plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte