Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 12:04 PM

80 posts, read 374,879 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live here? The website looks really nice and I was hoping to hear from a homeowner about the neighborhood. What do you like/dislike about it? Is it family friendly? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,844,620 times
Fort Mill is in SC...York & Lancaster County. There have been numerous threads regarding Baxter in that forum.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:08 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,371,673 times
It's awful...Just kidding. I live in Fort Mill and know a few people who live there and we go there often. It's a nice place to live and has a YMCA with an outdoor people. There are a lot of local shoppes and restaurants as well as a nice library. The disadvantages to me would be that there aren't any grocery stores or convenience stores that you can easily walk to. Most people love BV.

And yes, it is in Fort Mill Township so this thread needs to be moved to York and Lancaster counties. You can also just click the "search" button and type Baxter Village

Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,822,330 times
I've been there a couple times & it seems like a nice community to me.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM

280 posts, read 945,544 times
Baxter seems very fake to me... All of the buildings seem to have this fake facade to them, almost like a movie set. It seems to be a cookie cutter neighborhood with lines of similar or identical houses with not too many different looks to choose from. The YMCA is really nice, and there are some good restaurants, but overall I feel like the community is a bit too cheesy for my tastes.... They are trying to replicate the old sidewalk-friendly communities but I think they ended up just creating a glorified movie set.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:04 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,371,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
Baxter seems very fake to me... All of the buildings seem to have this fake facade to them, almost like a movie set. It seems to be a cookie cutter neighborhood with lines of similar or identical houses with not too many different looks to choose from. The YMCA is really nice, and there are some good restaurants, but overall I feel like the community is a bit too cheesy for my tastes.... They are trying to replicate the old sidewalk-friendly communities but I think they ended up just creating a glorified movie set.

I would agree, but only in the original phase of BV. I used to call it "Pleasantville." There are many different types of homes to choose from there now too. Almost every new neighborhood in Charlotte is cookie cutter.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM

80 posts, read 374,879 times
Thank you and sorry for posting on the wrong forum!

Old 01-01-2009, 07:29 PM

3 posts, read 12,669 times
I live in Baxter and happen to think the neighborhood is beautiful. It is very well maintained by its home owners, & there are tons of things to do for children. It could not be more family friendly. However, the only down side to me would be the lack of privacy because of lot size.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 PM

3 posts, read 12,669 times
Can anyone tell me about Bridgehampton?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,382,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride123 View Post
Can anyone tell me about Bridgehampton?
Why not start a new thread with this question, you'd probably get more people's attention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: