U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,660,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Also, I just noticed this yesterday, a new restaurant named Tin Pan Alley Pub & Pizza has taken over the location for Harvey's in Vermillion.
This is terrible. Where will I eat wings and ribs now?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 AM

62 posts, read 204,879 times
Brick House in Davidson is nice family place. With 11 kids, they'd probably give you a separate room they have.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,047,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Where is Sunny's? Sounds like a place I need to check out

I have never heard of Positano Osteria what do they serve and where are they located

If you dont mind me asking?
Sunny...I saw the restaurant called Sunny's in Rosedale and wondered if you had gone into the restaurant business...lol!

Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 61,844,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Sunny...I saw the restaurant called Sunny's in Rosedale and wondered if you had gone into the restaurant business...lol!
LOL no never again.
I will not go back into the restaurant industry for employment.
I did that in my early 20's and I have a deep empathy for those who do this work but never again for me hopefully.

I would like a t shirt from Sunny's if they make one. I saw where superk mention it was where Johnny Rockets use to be so I will have to go check it out. Rosedale could handle some more sit down restaurants that are not Lunch oriented type places.

I do like Huntersville and Cornelius because there seems to be a new restaurant opening up every year leaving room for plenty of options.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:51 PM

1,644 posts, read 4,308,036 times
Cookhouse gets our vote too-great choice on the menu and very down to earth.Breakfasts are brilliant and has an outdoor area with canopy and ceiling fans.
What about O Charleys on HWY 150?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:00 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,660,350 times
You can get a burger anywhere but you cant get Chocolate covered nachos unless your in Cheeseburger in Paradise

Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM

407 posts, read 779,297 times
If you liked those two places, you would probably like Midtown Sundries!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:52 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,047,985 times
Where is this place you guys are talking about...The Cookhouse?...where in Cornelius...Shops on the Green...Torrence Chapel Rd...right?

We are actually driving to downtown Mount Holly for dinner tonight...lol

It is Chicken & dumpling night!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 61,844,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Where is this place you guys are talking about...The Cookhouse?...where in Cornelius...Shops on the Green...Torrence Chapel Rd...right?

We are actually driving to downtown Mount Holly for dinner tonight...lol

It is Chicken & dumpling night!
Yes Shops on the Green
Im not sure on the weekends but if you choose daily specials they often have meals with free bowl of soup (I know it to hot for soup) The wallpaper is very retro but it is a cool place with racing autograph photos and I havent found a place that you can get so much to eat at cheap prices.
And they recently started Sunday Breafast, Brunch.

It is beside Microtel the complex facing the street.
The Indian restaurant over there isnt bad as well I think there another restaurant Soltice might be the name.

I keep getting these sublimal messages in this thread to go to Cheesburger in Paradise.

Another good option is the Japense restaurant called Kabuto if you want a restaurant you can watch they prepare your food and entertain you in same process.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:26 PM

1,644 posts, read 4,308,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacmd70 View Post
If you liked those two places, you would probably like Midtown Sundries!
Not sure if you meant that for me, but actually we weren't that keen on Midtown Sundries. My burger was very second rate and the air con was freezing!
But thanks for the tip anyway

The cookhouse does a bowl of soup with most of its entrees-I think they are closed on Sundays? I love the flounder and shrimp!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte