Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM

6 posts, read 5,504 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for opportunities in Charlotte for over a year now, and have had no luck finding a professional type career job. I graduated from UNCC in December 2010 with the degree of B.S.B.A in Marketing, and would like to find a position that relates to the research and analysis side of Marketing; but would be open to other opportunities as well. I worked as a butcher in a small butcher shop throughout high school and college, and earlier this year a customer of mine, who was aware of my 'job search' situation, offered me a full-time job at his warehouse with the prospect of becoming a parts manager in the future. I am thankful for this job, but would prefer something more skilled where I can work to my potential. Time to look for different opportunities is limited and my network of professionals is minimal; therefore I am seeking help in this matter. I would appreciate any leads on companies who may be hiring based on my particular skill set, and information on how I can position myself better. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbell87 View Post
I have been looking for opportunities in Charlotte for over a year now, and have had no luck finding a professional type career job. I graduated from UNCC in December 2010 with the degree of B.S.B.A in Marketing, and would like to find a position that relates to the research and analysis side of Marketing; but would be open to other opportunities as well. I worked as a butcher in a small butcher shop throughout high school and college, and earlier this year a customer of mine, who was aware of my 'job search' situation, offered me a full-time job at his warehouse with the prospect of becoming a parts manager in the future. I am thankful for this job, but would prefer something more skilled where I can work to my potential. Time to look for different opportunities is limited and my network of professionals is minimal; therefore I am seeking help in this matter. I would appreciate any leads on companies who may be hiring based on my particular skill set, and information on how I can position myself better. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
I am so sympathetic to what you are going through!

I know of a great small internet marketing company you could call on and try to get your resume seen. Not sure they are hiring, but might be worth a shot. I'll dm you the info.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I am so sympathetic to what you are going through!

I know of a great small internet marketing company you could call on and try to get your resume seen. Not sure they are hiring, but might be worth a shot. I'll dm you the info.
Thank you!

Ditto your username... the mountains are where I find peace through all this.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 AM

153 posts, read 195,700 times
Quote:
If your network is "minimal", you need to look into things like the Charlotte chapter of the AMA, staffing agencies that have sales and marketing positions, and LinkedIn. If you're looking for a fairly specialized job, a good strategy could be to look for specific job titles on LinkedIn within Charlotte. By doing so, you can see some of the companies that hire in your niche area. You can also use LinkedIn to find HR contacts at your companies of interest. There's probably plenty more you could do, but those are free (unless you decide to actually join the AMA or attend the events) and fairly easy .

Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 AM

194 posts, read 431,083 times
Have you reached out to a staffing company? MY husband is a recruiter and is CONSTANTLY looking for people. PM me your resume and I will give it to him.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyT5814 View Post
If your network is "minimal", you need to look into things like the Charlotte chapter of the AMA, staffing agencies that have sales and marketing positions, and LinkedIn. If you're looking for a fairly specialized job, a good strategy could be to look for specific job titles on LinkedIn within Charlotte. By doing so, you can see some of the companies that hire in your niche area. You can also use LinkedIn to find HR contacts at your companies of interest. There's probably plenty more you could do, but those are free (unless you decide to actually join the AMA or attend the events) and fairly easy .
I appreciate your advice, and I will definitely try and improve my LinkedIn page. It is something I have neglected and have never taken full advantage of. Thank you!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma67 View Post
Have you reached out to a staffing company? MY husband is a recruiter and is CONSTANTLY looking for people. PM me your resume and I will give it to him.
I am at work right now, but I will send you my resume this evening. Thank you for your help!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Well I have been working pretty hard on getting my LinkedIn page up to date, and so far it has been a great tool (thank you to TiffanyT5814). Now I am working on networking and getting my connections built up, so I invite people to check it out and pass my name around. My profile is under Andrew Bell. I will also try and post a link to my profile, but right now I am using my phone. Also if anyone knows of any good companies to start following, let me know. Thank you for the help.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Well I have been working pretty hard on getting my LinkedIn page up to date, and so far it has been a great tool (thank you to TiffanyT5814). Now I am working on networking and getting my connections built up, so I invite people to check it out and pass my name around. My profile is under Andrew Bell. I will also try and post a link to my profile, but right now I am using my phone. Also if anyone knows of any good companies to start following, let me know. Thank you for the help.
Best of luck Andrew! Hope you find the job of your dreams

Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 PM

153 posts, read 195,700 times
Quote:
I would suggest looking into these agencies: Sherpa, AccruePartners, W2, and Integra. I've had really awesome experiences with them PARTICULARLY Sherpa and Accrue. If they don't staff for your niche area, they can likely recommend someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: