Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experiences to share about Overstream Landscaping? Or any recommendations for landscapers? I am looking to get some edging and bed work done in my front yard. Possibly some sod and other work done in the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 12:45 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Does anyone have any experiences to share about Overstream Landscaping? Or any recommendations for landscapers? I am looking to get some edging and bed work done in my front yard. Possibly some sod and other work done in the back.
Overstream Landscaping is great! The owner, Bill Zemak, really knows his stuff and cares about what he does. They have done work for us and I recommend them very highly!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM

33 posts, read 188,096 times
Default Overstream

I had what you can refer to as a "Love/Hate" relationship with Overstream which I finally divorced myself from.

Moderator cut: no consumer complaints please
You should check Angie's list out. This company does not have a good rating there.

I think Overstream has the following strenghts:

1. Lots of equipment
2. Their logo is painted on all their trucks (which sends a professional image)
3. They have great salespeople that promise the world

Moderator cut: removed
For a company of this image/brand size that markets itself the way it does it should have customer service down to a science - but they do not.

Moderator cut: this is not the place for consumer complaints

Last edited by autumngal; 08-07-2008 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: use dm

Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Wow, that sounds pretty bad. I decided not to do anything for now because it is too expensive. Their estimate was more than double what I wanted to pay so I decided to hold off.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,072 times
Default Moderator Note:

Any consumer complaints should be sent thru direct message please. They are not permitted to be posted, this is not the place. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iresfrank View Post
I had what you can refer to as a "Love/Hate" relationship with Overstream which I finally divorced myself from.

[MOD] no consumer complaints please [/MOD]
You should check Angie's list out. This company does not have a good rating there.

I think Overstream has the following strenghts:

1. Lots of equipment
2. Their logo is painted on all their trucks (which sends a professional image)
3. They have great salespeople that promise the world

[MOD] removed [/MOD]
For a company of this image/brand size that markets itself the way it does it should have customer service down to a science - but they do not.

[MOD] this is not the place for consumer complaints [/MOD]

I agree with iresfrank.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
You should shop around. I'd expect Overstream to be a little higher in cost, I see them in my neighborhood doing more extesive work with waterfalls, hardscapes, etc. The work you are havig done is real basic and any small landscaper should be able to do. You might call Sam at Designing Gardens 7042563591 as he is low cost and has done work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte