U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 10:00 AM

217 posts, read 480,901 times

Advertisements

Looking for new home Communities to build a home . Looking at $ 425,000 or less. Great area with great schools!!! HAve discovered most new areas we have looked at have terrible school reports. Legette Blthe school and the middle school for that area. I think it is Bradely. North Meck HS looks Great. Any info on this area or any others would be greatly appreciated. Maybe these schools are going through a change . I hope for the better because I love the area. I can't find much info on expected school changes. I know scores don't say it all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 11:06 AM

1,164 posts, read 2,085,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoerio View Post
Looking for new home Communities to build a home . Looking at $ 425,000 or less. Great area with great schools!!! HAve discovered most new areas we have looked at have terrible school reports. Legette Blthe school and the middle school for that area. I think it is Bradely. North Meck HS looks Great. Any info on this area or any others would be greatly appreciated. Maybe these schools are going through a change . I hope for the better because I love the area. I can't find much info on expected school changes. I know scores don't say it all.
If you are so concerned about education, why don't you send your children to a good private school or even home school them? Both can provide significantly better results than even "good" public schools.

That way, you can live anywhere you want.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM

217 posts, read 480,901 times
WHO wouldn't be concerned with our school systems??????It's individuals who aren't concerned with the education of our children and all our futures that allows our schools not to meet standards!!!!! or scrape by meeting standards. Should We all HAVE to send our children to Private schools??
Have a Great Day.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:13 PM

264 posts, read 868,866 times
You can't go by the school "reviews" on websites. Schools often encourage "happy" parent to post reviews, especially when they have received some negative ones. Visiting the schools, meeting parents personally and reviewing scores will give you a better idea.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:19 PM

128 posts, read 303,627 times
Thank you

Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 AM

264 posts, read 868,866 times
I'm confused, are FireJackie and Bpoeiro the same person?

B, do you have something against private schools? Just asking.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 AM

1,164 posts, read 2,085,358 times
Quote:
WHO wouldn't be concerned with our school systems??????
Nowhere in my post did I state that I was not concerned about the quality of our public schools. Do not put words in my mouth.

I am very concerned about our public schools. However, they can't be fixed overnight and kids need a good education NOW. That's why I suggested alternatives.

Quote:
It's individuals who aren't concerned with the education of our children and all our futures that allows our schools not to meet standards!!!!! or scrape by meeting standards.
There are a myriad of reasons for the demise of public education: lack of discipline at home, low pay for teachers, students' "feelings" are prioritized over "results", etc. etc. The fact is that standards have slipped as a result of many other factors.

Quote:
Should We all HAVE to send our children to Private schools??
Sure, why not? Why not close all public schools and let the private sector have a shot?

Quote:
Have a Great Day.
Same to you.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:07 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,676,808 times
The schools in Huntersville can change depending on what neighborhood you move into. Over all I think the schools up here are OK, yes growing pains are going on but there are many schools opening up this year.

So to tell you this neighborhood would be best for schools or that is going to depend on if you move there or not. For instance I almost have to drive past Huntersville Elementary to get my son to school but if we lived a street over he would go there.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:43 AM

160 posts, read 376,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Sure, why not? Why not close all public schools and let the private sector have a shot?

good grief

why not close all the private schools and put the focus on educating all the kids, not just the rich white ones?

Old 07-27-2008, 11:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 62,130,772 times
moderator note:

Instead offering you political views answering the OP would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: