Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:03 AM

327 posts, read 1,198,170 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately the roads in this area are most certainly NOT equipped to handle Lowes and Wal-Mart at the same intersection. I would have been perfectly happy not having Wal-Mart move in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Walmart is going in. They are already putting the shell walls up for it and there is a sign if you drive through the loop. As for traffic, I'm sure it will be fine. They have upgraded all the intersections around it.

I still can't wait. I do all my one stop shopping there. It will be more convienant for me than driving all the way to 29 plus the same thing with Lowes. Plus it will only increase my home value in the future!

I know some of you don't agree with Walmart but in these tough times, A LOT of people are now realizing that you can get the same stuff from there as Lowes or HT for A LOT less. Money talks people!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM

189 posts, read 580,543 times
I hate Walmart! I gladly pay a little more to shop at Target

Old 01-25-2009, 07:53 PM

35 posts, read 117,858 times
Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm really interested to see what they do for traffic here.

Construction has started and the walls are already up.

I work at FireFold right beside the place!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:21 AM

338 posts, read 796,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taldir View Post
Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm really interested to see what they do for traffic here.

I expect it to be a big giant cluster

Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 AM

36 posts, read 98,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taldir View Post

I love FireFold! I am scared of Walmart.

I know I didn't add anything to the conversation, but just thought I'd express that.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 AM

Yep. Right now the bulk of the traffic on Concord Mills Blvd. ends at the mall. Walmart is going to bring that traffic all the way down to Derita Rd. As it is, it takes 15 minutes to drive .2 miles from Derita Rd. over I-85 on a weekend. This is only going to make it worse.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times
I'm excited and can't wait. It is going up really fast though!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 AM

246 posts, read 583,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIkid View Post
Yep. Right now the bulk of the traffic on Concord Mills Blvd. ends at the mall. Walmart is going to bring that traffic all the way down to Derita Rd. As it is, it takes 15 minutes to drive .2 miles from Derita Rd. over I-85 on a weekend. This is only going to make it worse.

If they would extend I-485 over to Prosperity Church or Mallard Creek Rd it would probably cut down on that traffic. As it is, people from a huuuuge area use the Mills interchange because traffic is awful at Poplar Tent and Prosperity & I-85.

The one good thing they're doing is putting an entrance off of Derita & widening Derita to handle the extra traffic. Also, I'm hopeful that this WM will cut down on the amt of traffic that currently heads to the WM in Concord. Practically all of Highland Creek, Skybrook, & surrounding neighborhoods has to travel down Concord Mills blvd. to get to that WM.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm excited and can't wait. It is going up really fast though!
Well, to each his/her own. I understand that the economy is in the tank, but I'll pay a few extra $$ to not support Wal-Marts business model. I've seen them put too many small businesses out for my liking. And since I live in the area that will be impacted by the traffic, I don't look forward to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte