Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
I might take it a little further south, to the 29/49 split. Other than that, looks pretty spot on.
Yeah, just a tiny bit though. The area in the wishbone made by 85/29 and N. Tryon is considered north Charlotte though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:39 PM

575 posts, read 1,516,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Look, you misunderstood my point.

My point is that most cops would NOT want to live in the area where the work. They spend a lot of their time dealing with problems and bad guys. Get it? I don't want to go to the grocery store and run into the guy or gal that I arrested for domestic violence last week.

I don't have an agenda. But I will call folks on what I consider to be BS. Calling the area one of the worst in the city is a bunch of hooey. If it were true, I'd be the first to move elsewhere.

So why don't you run your own experiment? If you don't believe the folks that live there, do it your way. Ask a cop random cop that works in the area what he thinks.
I did not mean to infer that a cop who worked in UC live there also. My question to him would have been if he had a choice of living with his family in UC would he. I'm sure the cops working in UC would give you their honest opinion of the area just like those law enforcement officers who work in Matthews, Concord or Moorseville who need to deal with problems and bad guys too.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
I think it would benefit a community to have more cops live in the areas they serve. They would know better who was trouble and who was just hanging out. They'd also have more interest in keeping the area safe than cops who left every day.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:54 PM

13 posts, read 24,398 times
UNC University definetely has more character than Ballantyne-boring boring boring. I considered moving out there before Highland Creek. I use to live on WT Harris. Ballantyne is just so plain to me. The only thing they have going are pretty rooftops on houses and EARTHFARE. Now I can go to the one in South Park.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Well, if you live anywhere near U/C, you know that we have a huge police presence now. They have been instrumental in reducing crime, and, make no mistake about it, they know who are thugs are, what they drive, who their homies are...and, they are tracked well. I am very grateful to our community police officers in Faires Farms. They have been diligent in cleaning up the area. One of my co-workers just moved to an apt complex near me and asked me one day..."what's up with all the cops??" Ha, ha, ha, told him to be very happy, they are our protection right now.

I am not a fan of south Charlotte just because I feel out of place. I don't have the income to support the "look" and certainly am not that concerned with maintaining that "look", so, I definitely would not fit. I am much more comfortable around other cultures which is primarily what U/C is made up of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte