Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:58 AM

89 posts, read 282,973 times

Advertisements

GREETINGS BEAZER HOME CONSTRUCTION, ARE THEY A GOOD CONSTRUCTION CO. ? ANY COMPLAINTS ? ALSO HARDBOARD SIDING IS IT DURABLE,PAINTABLE,EASY TO UPKEEP ? NOW ---- _____ ------ ON A THREAD YESTERDAY I ASKED ABOUT THE HIGHEST AND LOWEST AREAS OR ELEVATION IN THE CITY OF CHARLOTTE,NO RESPONSES!!! does any body knows? PLEASE and THANKS FOR RESPONDING . Alberto E.

Last edited by Alberto E; 12-27-2006 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: bad speelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 PM

218 posts, read 253,570 times
In my professoinal opinion they are BOTTOM of the barrel. I have been in over 100 homes built by Beazer from 2001-2003. They were all foreclousures and had serious issues. I made mention of how 2 homes built by Beazer are falling apart in another thread. I'm going to see if I can find the pictures I took from my walkthrough, and post them for you.

In the mean time, check out this lovely article about them from the Charlotte Observer

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/special_packages/foreclosure/13630763.htm (broken link)

Last edited by Charlotte ePro; 12-27-2006 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: charlotte.com article on Beazer

Old 12-27-2006, 01:46 PM

Okay, here are the pictures. These are from 2 Beazer homes with basements, built side by side in 2001. I took these pics 9/20/2006.

Last edited by Charlotte ePro; 12-27-2006 at 01:54 PM..

Old 12-27-2006, 02:03 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Thanks man. I have people ask me all the time about their homes. "But there so much less $$$?".

It's hard enough not to steer someone or try and bash a builder. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:46 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Great photos.
And I wasn't being sarcastic about "uninhabitability."
These won't appraise as habitable, and won't get past any inspector or standard repair contingency.
That is why the bank isn't allowing contingencies and wants a cash offer.

UGLY to the bone!
Thanks,
Mike J

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 12-27-2006 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Great photos.
And I wasn't being sarcastic about "uninhabitability."
These won't appraise as habitable, and won't get past any inspector or standard repair contingency.
That is why the bank isn't allowing contingencies and wants a cash offer.

I know you weren't! I was the one being sarcastic when I asked "why cash offers only?"

Old 12-27-2006, 04:17 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
I know you weren't! I was the one being sarcastic when I asked "why cash offers only?"
Got it!
Flung some love onto your Rep. Great Job!

Old 12-27-2006, 05:38 PM

89 posts, read 282,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
Okay, here are the pictures. These are from 2 Beazer homes with basements, built side by side in 2001. I took these pics 9/20/2006.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!! WHAT AN EYE OPENNER,I WISH THIS WAS DONE WITH ALL SUBDIVISIONS CONSTRUCTIONS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE FOR A FUTURE BUYER! WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU HAVE DONE,THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 15,966 times
Default Beazer Home Nightmare

I just wanted to include my experience with this company as well. I'm sure you aren't going to purchase anyway but I just want as many people to know as possible the type of company Beazer Homes is...

I purchased a newly built town home in SW Charlotte Dec 05... Can I just say from start to finish it has been an utter nightmare dealing with them!!! I should have and wish I would have walked away from the deal but it was my first home and I was too excited (and had too much $ and time invested).

In Mortgage I dealt with about 4 different people since they couldn't keep anyone employed long enough (seems to be a Beazer trend, turnover in the co is sort of like a restaurant) and every time I talked to them it was a different story as to what I needed to close. Which ended up costing me in the end.

After making my selections at the design studio I got a call stating that they didn't have the flooring I had chosen and needed to come back in to select a different one... I asked if I could upgrade to hardwood, they said no b/c it was right after Katrina and it wasn't readily available. So, I asked about tile and was told and I quote "why don't you have your handy dandy daddy do that for you he's some big contractor isn't he?" This is the lack of respect you get from the entire company!! I mean who talks to a customer like that?!

Now to the home itself... There is no walk through unless you ask and even at that it doesn't amount to much (they don't fix anything). Needless to say I moved into a house that wasn't finished. Everything and I mean everything that could go wrong did!! All everyone at Beazer kept saying (which I think is their motto) is "oh that’s how my house too" or “it would take a lot to fix that” BULL**** and I don't care!!! I mean I had mice when I moved in and my AC unit wasn't even connected how does that pass inspection?! You can still see EVERY SEAM in my ceiling, light through my front door and my drywall was put up backward so that when I removed some painters tape it pealed the wall down to show the rough fiber of the drywall! I mean the list goes on and on...

The biggest thing that happened was when they sent someone out to repair the ceiling in my master bedroom. They sent a contractor (a Spanish male that didn't speak any English) his supervisor dropped him off and said he would be back to pick him up in about an hour. I left the man to do his work in my room while I was downstairs... 2 hours later his supervisor came back to get him and I went upstairs to get ready for work. When I was getting ready I noticed a pair of my underwear where out of place in my drawer... THE MAN HAD MASTERBATED IN MY UNDERWEAR WITH ME IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!! NOT ONE PERSON FROM BEAZER EVER APOLOGIZED OR EVEN CONTACTED ME ABOUT IT!!! I filed a police report but since I didn't see him do it nothing could be done and I couldn't find a lawyer to file a civil case (if you know one please advise)... how is there not some type of law against this? So, keep in mind that these are the type of people Beazer deals with.

I would like to enjoy my first home but every time I look at it I want to cry out of frustration... or I see something else that is shoddy!!! Beazer Homes is the most DISRESPECTFUL, SHADY, DISHONEST Company I have ever dealt with and there is no wonder they can't sell the homes in my neighborhood and just about every other home that is less than one year old is for sale!!! JUST PLEASE LET EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO BUY A BEAZER HOME!!! Thanks for listening...

Ps I am constructing a site called "Buyers against Beazer (BAB)” I’ll post the url when it is done!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:19 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
I moved to Charlotte 10 years ago and I'm looking to move to a new house here this year. I've been looking at some Beazer communities, but everyone, I mean everyone, tells me not to buy one of their homes. Their stuff looks great on paper and I've really like some of the models I've visted. But all of my friends here say they have a terrible reputaion regarding their construction and customer service. It was funny to find this thread because it helps confirm what others have told me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte