Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,844 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

am currently living in Rosenheim, Germany (not far from Munich). My boyfriend is living in Charlotte and I am planning on moving there next year to live with him, get married....regarding Visa we already have the information we need and my boyfriend will also hire an immigration lawyer.

Regarding job what I would like to do later is aerobic classes (have been an aerobic teacher for more that 15 years), belly dance classes, Reiki and astrology (not all at the same time for sure...).

I also would like to see if there a nice people living in Charlotte interested being in contact with me and my boyfriend...Germans, Americans or from any other country in the world...

I would appreciate any suggestions....thank you so much

Margit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 01:53 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,941 times
Hi Margit,

I would suggest that you try the YMCA for a job in the fitness industry. Here's a link to their Web site:

YMCA of Greater Charlotte

Good luck!

Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,844 times
Thank you!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
Default Charlotte

Hi Margit, I am wondering if you did move to Charlotte after all. My husband and I just moved here, he is from the north of Germany, I am American. We have no friends yet in Charlotte and I am getting discouraged. If you are here can you let me know how your experience has been.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:30 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Ls43, have you tried using meetup.com to find groups in the area that you and your husband might be interested in? Another thought is that the fine folks at The Waldhorn restaurant in Pineville might be able to help you find other German folks in the area. Good luck!

Old 07-18-2010, 03:48 PM

385 posts, read 890,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Ls43, have you tried using meetup.com to find groups in the area that you and your husband might be interested in? Another thought is that the fine folks at The Waldhorn restaurant in Pineville might be able to help you find other German folks in the area. Good luck!
I'd 2nd The Waldhorn. The owners are great and there is alwasy a strong German continget when I'm there. Another idea might be to check out Charlotte's International House.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:34 AM

4 posts, read 3,960 times
Hi Margit

I am wondering if you moved to Charlotte as well. I am thinking about moving to Charlotte, I grew up in switzerland and Im living now for 3.5 years in Berlin, Germany. I am looking for a job offer in Charlotte, otherwise its not that easy to move over there as a swiss or german one... IS 43, do you may know some german companies in Charlotte?
Would be great if I could get some help!
Thanks so much!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocam View Post
Hi Margit

I am wondering if you moved to Charlotte as well. I am thinking about moving to Charlotte, I grew up in switzerland and Im living now for 3.5 years in Berlin, Germany. I am looking for a job offer in Charlotte, otherwise its not that easy to move over there as a swiss or german one... IS 43, do you may know some german companies in Charlotte?
Would be great if I could get some help!
Thanks so much!

You can try googling German companies in Charlotte NC. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 3,960 times
I did, but its not that easy either.. But I keep searching. Thanks anyways

Old 01-30-2011, 09:34 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocam View Post
I did, but its not that easy either.. But I keep searching. Thanks anyways
Ask on the Greenville/Spartanburg board. There are a number of German companies there. //www.city-data.com/forum/green...rtanburg-area/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte