Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 08:08 PM

211 posts, read 708,496 times

Advertisements

Also when is it generally too late to start planting trees/landscaping. I was going to wait until next year but my mom is visiting & she like to plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 08:14 PM

529 posts, read 1,978,470 times
Kings Nursery in Stallings is very nice, but pricey.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 PM

999 posts, read 4,651,484 times
I like the one on 74 across from Bi Lo at the intersection with Indian Trail Fairview Rd...don't know the name but lots of variety and helpful staff.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
I like the one on 74 across from Bi Lo at the intersection with Indian Trail Fairview Rd...don't know the name but lots of variety and helpful staff.
Thanks, forgot to mention I've been to that one a few times already.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:03 AM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
I do the typical Lowe's. Sometimes you can find nice items there and relatively priced well. Plus they have the one year guarantee. A lot of places, especially the smaller owed nurseries, do not have that. Also I see in the paper advertised Growers Planting Outlet over in Pineville, I am going to check them out today and will let you know. But the prices seem very good advertised.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:55 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
This time of year, you can often get mark downs at Lowes and Home Depot. I like the year guarantee that Md/Nc mentioned - and have used it once w/ a River Birch that didn't make it.

Planting trees/shrubs this time of year will necessitate regular watering . . . so just be sure to hand water anything you might put out right now, unless we get a lot of rain consistently over the next two months.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:05 PM

Well I ended up just going back to Lowes. We went the other day and they had a bunch of fruit trees so I returned today. I picked up a semi-dwarf peach & granny smith apple. Also picked up a blueberry bush & a fig tree.

I then read-up a little & found the peach & apple are not self-pollinizing. Actually the apple claims to be just that it will do better with another apple tree, but I bought another peach. Also got a pink flowering dogwood for the front yard to go with the maple they gave us.

I'll probably go back to one of the nurseries for the ladscaping project as they seem to have a larger selection. I'm thinking of doing a small pond kit, was looking just a half wiaskey-barrel with liner but couldn't find the reall ones.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 PM

531 posts, read 2,011,192 times
There is one located on Indian Trail-Fairview...going towards Hemby bridge Elementary. I am not sure of the name but always have beautiful plants there. Also, you may wanna try the one on Seacrest Shortcut, I think it is called Simpsons. I have gotten a few plants there and they are thriving! Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte