Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM

571 posts, read 714,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
My older sister waited tables at Sam's Gourmet when she was in high school. I wouldn't have remembered it without reading your post...wow, I do have some memory cells left...

You'll love WholeFoods...it's the best in Atlanta. I always liked Harris Teeter also, but they all closed here and I'm not sure why.

We have Whole Foods here in S. California. Yes, very nice store but VERY pricey. Other than that, the grocery store chains here are very bad. And I REALLY miss Harris Teeter. HT had made its way up to DC before I moved away and I loved that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 06:30 PM

179 posts, read 582,627 times
Default mary73

Ok, I'll take your word for it. The Harris Teeters are really good than ? I never heard of them up here, of course that doesn't mean much. I bet the farmers markets are great down there, much longer growing season than here in Connecticut. Thanks for the encouragement !!! And I feel much sweeter now, knowing I'll be able to eat well, lol.

Bill

Old 02-14-2007, 02:01 PM

4 posts, read 9,994 times
Im a student at western michigan university and for one of my classes i am suppose to create a supermarket/grocery store for the future in the NC, charlotte area. Im looking for suggestions to better improve grocers, information of items stores lack, and any specific theme. any help or information that you can give me about the charlotte area would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 PM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
Our store is the PlazaMidwood HT, and its always PACKED. Like someone said its small, and less selection but its a 3 minute drive from our house.

The southpark HT seems to be very nice with nice selection. And we also venture to the Fresh Market occasionally.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:15 PM

16 posts, read 67,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2beinSC View Post
Hi all. Just doing a little research before my big move.

When I was down in the area last year, I checked out some of the grocery stores. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed. With seperate trips to Food Lion, Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter I thought one of those would have what I wanted: selection. For some reason it seems like selection is really lacking. Out of those 3 HT was the best, but even that was disappointing.

I love to cook. For me, part of the fun in cooking comes from making things from scratch. For example, I can't eat spaghetti sauce out of a jar. Just can't do it. I enjoy the process of having it all come together. So naturally I'm always looking for fresh ingredients. The selection of fresh produce in all 3 stores left a lot to be desired. Some stores not only didn't have a good selection, but they didn't even have what I was looking for.

If those were my only choices I'd be shopping at HT for sure. But is there something better? Are there other grocery stores that have an excellent produce section? When asking around the last time I was there, someone mentioned a Lowe's Foods? Recommended it BECAUSE it had a better produce section? Anyone shop there? Locations?

Thanks
the walmart grocery stores are good. If you never have been to one all the have is grocery items and nothing else there great!

Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM

4 posts, read 9,994 times
Im a student at western michigan university and for one of my classes i am suppose to create a supermarket/grocery store for the future in the NC, charlotte area. Im looking for suggestions to better improve grocers, information of items stores lack, and any specific theme. any help or information that you can give me about the charlotte area would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 PM

476 posts, read 1,575,427 times
If anyone is a coupon clipper or doesn't mind doing it, I would recommend checking out the Grocery Game (.com) website. I have found it most helpful with shopping here in RI but actually received the info from folks already living in NC. Hope this helps.....

Old 07-28-2007, 01:51 PM

71 posts, read 287,181 times
I'm from the north and man oh man do I miss Giant! They had the best salad bar. But anyways I live in North Mecklenburg and I get my groceries at Lowe's off of Eastfield Rd. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and they have a huge assortment of meats. Good Luck!

Old 07-28-2007, 07:38 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Anyone who shops at Harris Teeter and complains about lack of selection is delusional. One is hard pressed NOT to find anything they could possible need at a Harris Teeter. Anyone new to the area should check it out.

I have never had one visiting out-of-town guest who did not marvel at Harris Teeters, especially Morrocroft.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Anyone who shops at Harris Teeter and complains about lack of selection is delusional. One is hard pressed NOT to find anything they could possible need at a Harris Teeter. Anyone new to the area should check it out.

I have never had one visiting out-of-town guest who did not marvel at Harris Teeters, especially Morrocroft.
Maybe they wanted an RC Cola. I've shopped at Harris Teeters from Statesville to Monroe and Charleston. The only thing I can remember needing that they did not have was when I wanted a gag gift for a retirement party. I had to go to Bi Lo to get an RC Cola. Does anyone remember RC Cola and a Moonpie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte