Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 AM

872 posts, read 3,584,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Maybe they wanted an RC Cola. I've shopped at Harris Teeters from Statesville to Monroe and Charleston. The only thing I can remember needing that they did not have was when I wanted a gag gift for a retirement party. I had to go to Bi Lo to get an RC Cola. Does anyone remember RC Cola and a Moonpie?
Yup, RC Cola and a moonpie is classic southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Maybe they wanted an RC Cola. I've shopped at Harris Teeters from Statesville to Monroe and Charleston. The only thing I can remember needing that they did not have was when I wanted a gag gift for a retirement party. I had to go to Bi Lo to get an RC Cola. Does anyone remember RC Cola and a Moonpie?
Haha, RC Cola! You know what: I saw that, along with Diet Rite, at the Huntersville store! I can't remember the last time I had a moonpie though!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswife View Post
I'm from the north and man oh man do I miss Giant! They had the best salad bar. But anyways I live in North Mecklenburg and I get my groceries at Lowe's off of Eastfield Rd. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and they have a huge assortment of meats. Good Luck!
There is several Harris Teeters have salad bars I know in the huntersville the one at Northcross has one with cheese bar, olive, bar and bread station.

Also the one near blythe landing has a salad bar and very nice store layout. They also do groceries online pickups at this store.
Only thing I do not care about this store is the layout is in reverse Im use to shopping right to left not left to right.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 PM

172 posts, read 584,453 times
The only thing I could never find in HT or any other store in NC is diet cream soda.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:16 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
Harris Teeter's prices are high. I went yesterday to get some paper towel. The store brand was $1.59 EACH. A 3 pak at Wal-mart and Target (each roll the sime size as HT's) is the same price as HT's single roll. I went to Aldi's and got two same size rolls for under $1.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM

16 posts, read 32,871 times
I agree with the fact that the prices at the local grocery stores here are high. I paid $9.00 for a (small) bunch of grapes once. I thought they made an error.
But, I have found that the HT in Morrocroft has alot of everything. I also like Earthfare in Ballantyne and FreshMarket in Strawberry Hill. I have found that sometimes they don't have what I want, but they will order it for you (certain syrups, tomatoes, etc)
I think with HT we are paying for the "service" of someone always bagging your groceries and walking you to the car, or their drive-up service. I never experienced this in New England! *LOL* Although, I must say, I'd rather pay less for my groceries and walk myself to the car!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:09 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,515,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
I love wegmans..........
I love wegmans too!! being from upstate NY I hate the thought of moving to a place that doesn't have it. I am currently living in Northern VA and they just got 2 here.

BUT.... I heard a rumor that they will be moving further south, including going into the Charlotte area! How great would that be. I can't verify it...just a rumor at this point.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,927 times
...just as I would have a hard time adjusting to no Harris Teeter....

When I lived out west the markets were nowhere near as good as HT.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
...just as I would have a hard time adjusting to no Harris Teeter....

When I lived out west the markets were nowhere near as good as HT.

OMG can I tell you I almost died how much my food shopping bill was...this is the only thing for us that is HIGH....If we didnt have to eat I wouldnt go shopping..lol..but omg MOONPIES YUMMY but I think they called them Scooter Pies when I was a kid...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 AM

235 posts, read 730,038 times
We shopped at the Super Walmart and we saved a ton, the wagon was full and it was like 130.00 I use HT and Lowes for fill ins. I also noticed that not all HT carry the same thing, that was interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte