Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:01 PM

9 posts, read 39,529 times

Advertisements

Like everyone else, my husband and I are looking to move to Charlotte next year. I know people say it's not smart to look "too early", but I'm Type-A and want to have as much possible information before we start going down this summer to look at neighborhoods.

I was wondering what neighborhoods/areas do you recommend for young couples? We will probably try to start a family within the next few years and would like to have a neighborhood that we would feel comfortable raising children in as well.

We would like to find a house under $200K, with at least 3bd/2bath and townhomes really aren't an option (my husband HATES sharing walls).

TIA for any feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,132,449 times
It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a home in a nice neighborhood under $200k in Charlotte, but it looks like you're taking your time so maybe you will. I suggest to everyone I get the chance to go on informational websites so you know what you're getting into. The best one I've found is on Charlotte Mecklenburg Living. Go to "Neighborhoods" then select "2006 Quality of Life Study". This is an indepth report complete with color coded maps indicating crime stats, educational levels, ecomonic conditions, employment, etc. I've found it very helpful in the past. You might also look at Moderator cut: links removed

Good Luck with the search!

Last edited by Yac; 10-30-2007 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a home in a nice neighborhood under $200k in Charlotte,
You need to look at N. Charlotte and Concord. You can find them all day.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:12 PM

9 posts, read 39,529 times
Default Concord

Do a lot of people commute from Concord to Charlotte? Since I don't know where exactly in the city I will be working, but any ideas on travel time during rush hours?

Old 02-05-2007, 03:17 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,020,535 times
Default young couple

Well we are a young couple from Philly and they only area we really liked was Union county. We bought in St. John's forest by KB homes..you can't beat the prices for the area and it seems really great. Of course you don't really know until you move there!

I like you wanted to do a lot of research but on the 1st visit it just felt right so we went with it!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcnicely View Post
Do a lot of people commute from Concord to Charlotte? Since I don't know where exactly in the city I will be working, but any ideas on travel time during rush hours?
about 30-45 mins

Old 02-05-2007, 04:19 PM

187 posts, read 647,683 times
Me and the wife just moved to Monroe st at colonial village, nice place...we're 23 btw

Old 02-05-2007, 06:21 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,889,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
You need to look at N. Charlotte and Concord. You can find them all day.
As usual, charlotteagent's on the money on the housing prices and rush-hour commute times (about 30-45 minutes). I live here in Concord (Speedway area) and can get to uptown Charlotte in 20 minutes flat at non-rush hour times. My home is 9 years old, in a nice subdivision, 4/2.5, 2100 sf, 1/3 acre lot, convenient to I-85 and I-485, great school zone, very safe, and close to everything. If I sold it now, it'd probably go for about $175k. Trust me, you can find nice homes in nice areas in that range. Good luck and welcome!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 PM

298 posts, read 563,044 times
Default Colonial Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhagw View Post
Me and the wife just moved to Monroe st at colonial village, nice place...we're 23 btw
We are closing on a home next week located in Colonial Village. My husband and I are from Montana, and are being transferred. Hope we like it. (We aren't moving from Montana, have been in southern Indiana last two years).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte