Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 AM

450 posts, read 2,328,816 times

Advertisements

It is funny that I saw the iPod thread because I came here to ask about places that will service cell phones!

I scratched my Blackberry Curve screen yesterday while ky 4 yo was throwing a tantrum- I was on the phone and my battery was beeping, about to go dead, and I was in the middle of an important phone call that could not be dropped...my 4yo was misbehaving, my 8 month old was crying, someone was knocking on my door all at the same time, battery's dying, ....I ran into the room where the wallcharger was and tried to plug it in the charger real quick. It wouldn't plug in because I had the connector end upside down so I turned it the correct way all the while dealing with the 4yo- and my hand slipped! The metal end scratched RIGHT across the screen from the side where the charger goes in. 2 inch gash in my screen.

I am distraught because this Blackberry is pretty new, screen scratches are NOT covered under warranty and Blackberry/RIM charges a $190 FLAT RATE repair fee and says they will have the device for up to 2 weeks before returning it- NOT that I am about to pay $190 to fix a scratched screen! It didn't seem to mess up the LCD underneath, just the outside screen. I use it a lot and it gets in the way of any text underneath.

I KNOW there's no official authorized repair but I cannot even find an electronic repair shop that I can take it to in person, I don't want to mail it to one of those Internet sites.

Or where can I get the part to fix it myself, as I know some people do this...there is a YouTube video showing how to do the repair once you have the part.

GrrrrrRR! This was such a fluke. You expect to drop it, maybe bang it or have something brush up against it.....I don't have it in a protector because I use its magnetic holster. But you don't expect to do something as stupid as try to plug it into the charger and swipe it with the metal end!!!!!!! Doh.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: