Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,630 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are looking for a house to buy. a 4 bedroom with a yard

I have some questions .......

1. which area would you guys suggest? ballantyne? or fort mill, sc.
(as far as shopping, neighborhood, safety etc.)

2. My hubby works in charlotte, do you think it would be ok as far as commute is concerned.

3. and most important question, i have a 3 year old, so which one has the best schools? . (our decision depends on this question)

I need all the pros and cons.

i am new to the carolinas. so I know absolutely nothing about this area.

All your inputs are valued !!!!!!!!

please help us find a good place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:14 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,957,949 times
Price point is going to be key!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,226,795 times
Budget? What other activities do you enjoy? What part of Charlotte will your husband be in? And are you only looking at Ballantyne and Fort Mill?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,630 times
Our Budget is around 250K. My husband is working in charlotte, downtown. he takes light rail from south blvd station for commute. right now fort mill and ballantyne area are in our mind. but if you guys know other areas which have good schools , please let us know.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:27 PM

236 posts, read 807,459 times
probably won't find a 4 bedroom with yard in ballantyne for under 250k

Old 09-10-2008, 01:35 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,687,380 times
If you're really just thinking between the two places, I would say that you may get more for your budget of $250k in Fort Mill. However, there are neighborhoods in the Ballantyne AREA, not Ballantyne itself, that you may be able to get into for $250k, such as Provincetown and maybe Colony Woods.
There are more places, though, that may work for you besides the two of those. It totally depends, as previous posters have said, on what you want. Kind and age of neighborhood, square footage, activities you like, atmosphere (urban v rural v suburban), etc.
Good luck!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,609,238 times
You really need a good realtor as he/she can map out the neighborhoods, show you where things are located and pin point wh/ houses might be ones you are interested in (once he/she knows your expectations).

All of S. CLT is basically nice . . . but your price range will limit where you can find a house. That is why I would have a good realtor guiding me. Also, Ft. Mill is a great place to live, too - just depends on what your expectations are (age of house, size, etc).

Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,606,772 times
Please visit CarolinaHome.com to search all the MLS listings in your current area.

A realtor would be able to tell you about the areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprhome View Post
Hi

We are looking for a house to buy. a 4 bedroom with a yard

I have some questions .......

1. which area would you guys suggest? ballantyne? or fort mill, sc.
(as far as shopping, neighborhood, safety etc.)

2. My hubby works in charlotte, do you think it would be ok as far as commute is concerned.

3. and most important question, i have a 3 year old, so which one has the best schools? . (our decision depends on this question)

I need all the pros and cons.

i am new to the carolinas. so I know absolutely nothing about this area.

All your inputs are valued !!!!!!!!

please help us find a good place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte