U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 PM

228 posts, read 860,121 times

Advertisements

With Halloween quickly approaching I thought it would be good to get a thread going on favorite "haunted"/scary activities in the area!

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I am heading out tonight to look at costumes! Yippee!

So...where is your favorite haunted hayride?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 02:21 PM

314 posts, read 1,058,020 times
I'm eagerly awaiting some answers on here as Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I LOVE haunted houses and haunted themed rides/attractions.

Also, if someone starts a group that meet up to go haunted house hopping, let me know and count me in. I'm alone here in CLT while my family is back in St. Louis trying to sell the house. So, if I could find a group to go with, that would be fantastic.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:28 PM

45,246 posts, read 92,442,978 times
Try here to get you started - there are lots of neat mazes around this time of year

Where to find pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Hayrides and More in South Carolina - and other useful Halloween information!

http://www.awshuckscornmaze.com/

Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 PM

876 posts, read 3,563,964 times
we have 4 acres of woods behind our home. my wife and I have been toying with the idea of creating a walking trail through it and making a haunted trail.

doubt i can pull it off this year, but maybe next year. should be fun.

anyhow, back on topic. There is a place we go to in Mooresville off of 150 (cant remember the name) for hay rides with the kids. they bring you out to the pumpkin patch and you can select your own pumpkins (one per person) and bring them home.

We had a good time last year when we went and totally anticipate on doing the same thing this year!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM

1,894 posts, read 5,953,758 times
Rural Hill - Center of Scottish Heritage

Get a little history (Revolutionary style) while you also get a corn maze. If I'm not mistaken, this place was home to the Davidsons who give namesake to the town in the area and the road through Charlotte.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,391,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Rural Hill - Center of Scottish Heritage

Get a little history (Revolutionary style) while you also get a corn maze. If I'm not mistaken, this place was home to the Davidsons who give namesake to the town in the area and the road through Charlotte.
That is the maze we will be visiting.

Wow, auctioning a clock from 1800!
I would love to have it but would fall way short of the $135K appraisal.
Think of all the history that has taken place while that clock ticked away the seconds...

Old 09-19-2008, 07:36 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,623,790 times
Default Aw Shucks! Corn Maze

Aw Shucks! Corn Maze - Monroe, NC

This is where we are going.

Sara

Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 AM

673 posts, read 2,500,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
We went yesterday and had a nice time! They have a little country store, a few outdoor games, a hayride, and a small farm with animals.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:00 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,871,311 times
Scarowinds (broken link) is pricey but it's fun! Click on attractions, you can see a short video. They have "Scare Zones", mazes and a show. Most of the rides are open as well.

From the website
Quote:
WARNING! This event is rated PG-13 and may be too intense for young children.

Last edited by NCgirl; 09-22-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 AM

228 posts, read 860,121 times
Has anyone ever heard of Spooky Woods in High Point?
I know it is a little bit of a trip but from the website it looks really well put together...and scary! :-)
Apparently it was named one of the best haunted attractions by "Hauntworld.com" for 2008!

The attractions are:
Haunted House
Haunted tram ride
Haunted corn field
Spookywoods walk-thru
Magic of Jonathan Frost(a magic show)

If anyone has info please let me know! I think we are going to check this out in 2 weeks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte