Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:35 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,327,369 times

Advertisements

Hey can anyone fill me on any info about Cabaurrus??? Ive looked into the schools what about shopping are the schools overcrowded there too???

Any Info would be appriciated...

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 PM

522 posts, read 1,583,258 times
Hi NJ Mom....my friend moved to Concord about a year ago and she loves it. Plenty of shopping and she likes the schools. I believe they are buidling a school in her development. If there is anything specific you would like me to ask her about, let me know. By the way, I am from Howell and looking to move to the Raleigh area.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:14 PM

476 posts, read 1,572,481 times
Staci, thanks for getting this thread started. I am anxious for the responses. So far so good.

Casey, what development is your friend in? What are the amenities. TIA!

Laurie

Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Casey cool next town over..LOL If you need assistance selling your home pls Pm me as I service howell and am a realtor but in any case which development is she in??? We have been researching only Union County but want to explore the concord area as well....

Thanks
Staci

Old 02-08-2007, 02:26 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,817,886 times
Concord is a great area. It is catching Charlotte's overflow though.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:08 PM

522 posts, read 1,583,258 times
The development is Moss Creek. You can google Moss Creek and get the info on that development. I visited the area last spring and thought it was great. Very family oriented community. She has made a ton of friends right in the development. Shopping is relatively close by. Birkdale Village was very nice. Didn't have enough time to hit concord mills. Hope this helps.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Ys it does, that was one of the developments I was going to look at...

Old 02-08-2007, 04:34 PM

476 posts, read 1,572,481 times
Love, love new information to explore!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:27 AM

362 posts, read 993,429 times
NJ Mom when we were in NC last August we did a whirlwind tour of Mooresville, Union and cabbarrrus county. I picked those areas based on the school reports, most impt. for me was high school as my daughter was going to be a junior. Now we did not spend alot of time in Union, can't even remember where we went but I felt it had the potential to be a long commute. We actually spent the most time in Cabbarrus and liked it. Although the scores may not be as high as the weddington schools they are good and I feel there is more to a school than just scores. Anyway if you are taking a trip I thought these developments were nice:
Porters Landing- drawback was we wanted a larger lot size
Laurel Park, Winding Walk and Kensington Forest.
Moss Creek was too big of a deveopment for me, and again we wanted a larger lot.
Maybe someone else has some info on these places. Definatel check it out though. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM

525 posts, read 1,799,650 times
We initially looked in Cabarrus...ALOT..more so than in Union, we ended up in Union though lol..I wasn't fond of a lot of the subdivisions, small lots, houses piled on another and most didn't have amenities. There are major roads into Charlotte from Concord though..plus even though my husband loves the races..I can't imagine living there during race time!
Schools ran with Union, I like that Concord/Cabarrus is somewhat "hilly" ...I also like the south charlotte area and where we are..we are a hop skip and jump from 485, therefore a few exits from Rea Rd, Providence RD etc.
We looked heavily in Moss Creek as well....lots of homes on .10 acre and the larger homes were not much better. They had a great clubhouse and other amenities though but their HOA dues were close to 700/year and Concord has higher taxes because of city and county in comparison to other areas. Harrisburg was nice as was some other areas, just fell in love with our house and the subdivision. It felt like "home" when we walked in..most of the others didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte