U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 AM

6 posts, read 15,630 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for recommendations for anyone who has had granite tile installed in their kitchen. I have a townhome and I don't want to put too much $$ into granite countertops, but like the look of granite tiles on countertops. Any recs are appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 AM

19,857 posts, read 62,544,774 times
You can get 18" granite tiles instead of a one-piece counter top. It's much cheaper. You have the whole pieces set at the front of the countertop and then set half pieces at the back (most counters are 27" deep).

Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 AM

6 posts, read 15,630 times
Right, I understand that, that's what we're looking for recommendations for (actual installers). Thanks!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 AM

21 posts, read 55,216 times
Try Panda Kitchens in Afton Village in Concord, I am a Realtor who builds a lot of specs and we use them to install all of our granite top tile or slab. Just google the name and area and you should be able to find the number, I am replying on the fly via pda or I would send you the number.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 AM

5 posts, read 30,496 times
It all depends how big it's your kitchen countertops, if you want I give you some advice about granite countertops and where to get it for almost the same price is the tile countertops, sometimes it's better a solid countertops. Email me I help you.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:23 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,898,968 times
Did you think of doing it yourself? I took a tiling class at Home Depot and I've tiled several rooms on my own. It's very easy actually. The only thing that's difficult is cutting the tile, but you can draw the cuts and either bring the tiles to the home store to get cut or rent the equiptment (or borrow it if you know someone who has one). I've cut ceramic, marble, etc... I'm not sure how different Granite is to cut. It might just be the same wet saw, but different blade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>