Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 09:58 AM

15 posts, read 31,890 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are a young couple with two small children living in MS. We are looking to relocate and are interested in the Charlotte or Asheville area. We realize we are looking for Utopia, USA, but, let's try. We are seeking a smaller city or area near Charlotte or Asheville that is "artsy" and tolerant, someplace where we can buy a house and walk out our front door to a little downtown area with restaraunts and shops, etc., yet still be near a metro area. We are open minded and are leaving MS because we don't fit in here. We want a place with people are tolerant, understanding, and are not religious centered zealots. Does an area like tis exist (other than San Francisco) Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenMindedinMS
Hello! We are a young couple with two small children living in MS. We are looking to relocate and are interested in the Charlotte or Asheville area. We realize we are looking for Utopia, USA, but, let's try. We are seeking a smaller city or area near Charlotte or Asheville that is "artsy" and tolerant, someplace where we can buy a house and walk out our front door to a little downtown area with restaraunts and shops, etc., yet still be near a metro area. We are open minded and are leaving MS because we don't fit in here. We want a place with people are tolerant, understanding, and are not religious centered zealots. Does an area like tis exist (other than San Francisco) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Davidson, Huntersville.........Lake Norman area.

I should ask though, tolerant of what? you didn't specify I know you don't like religious people but is there something else? You don't have 2 heads do you. LOL

My husband is Cuban and I'm Italian that means his skin is darker than mine, We didn't get any funny looks though. Not that I noticed.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Tolerant

We just want to raise our children in an environment that does not judge of skin color, sexual preference, etc. We are free thinkers which does not float well in a small town in MS

Old 06-25-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
We just want to raise our children in an environment that does not judge of skin color, sexual preference, etc. We are free thinkers which does not float well in a small town in MS
Charlotte and it's suburbs seem to be pretty metropolitan I don't think anyone will care. There's always some you'll run into.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:16 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,907,324 times
I agree with a1m1700 - it is all a matter of what you are used to as well as where you are coming from and your own beliefs and values....there will always be someone who won't like something, no matter where you go.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:25 PM

Basically, a place where we will not be chastised for tatoos and my wife's short spiky hair and the fact we don't attend church

Old 06-25-2006, 01:35 PM

NYC is the place for you openminded

Old 06-25-2006, 02:04 PM

Default ha

Never. Red sox fan here

Old 06-25-2006, 02:06 PM

well that's another topic and I am not bringing that topic here-the debate would never end. ...

Old 06-25-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Basically, a place where we will not be chastised for tatoos and my wife's short spiky hair and the fact we don't attend church
I live in AZ anything goes here but you still have people that will judge you for one thing or another. You can't please everyone. Personally I'm a conservative but I'm not going to judge you on what you are and what you do in private. I can't speak for all though just for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte