U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 06:02 PM

225 posts, read 780,018 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what kind of activities are out there for tweens and teens? We're moving to union county and just want an idea of what kids do?

My kids go to a private school here in Maryland and they have a lot of activities for the kids to be involved in? Parties are mixers and are generally from 7-9 for middle school and later for the upper school. Are there bowling alleys, skating rinks, go cart tracks, Teen dance clubs, or other social places where kids can meet.

I want my sons to be able to interact with others their own age. What's out there Charlotte.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 PM

45,269 posts, read 91,636,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warden View Post
Just wondering what kind of activities are out there for tweens and teens? We're moving to union county and just want an idea of what kids do?

My kids go to a private school here in Maryland and they have a lot of activities for the kids to be involved in? Parties are mixers and are generally from 7-9 for middle school and later for the upper school. Are there bowling alleys, skating rinks, go cart tracks, Teen dance clubs, or other social places where kids can meet.

I want my sons to be able to interact with others their own age. What's out there Charlotte.
Well, during the school year several YMCA's have what they call "Middle School Madness" every other Saturday night or so. They open the Y up just to those kids (with tons of chaperones and staff) and have a big dance. They also open up the gym for games of 3 on 3 basketball and have a room with arcade games. About 300 kids have a great time from 7-10 meeting their friends or making new ones. On the nights the Y isn't having Middle School Madness, the JCC (Jewish Community Center) will sometimes have what they call "Jamming at the J" - same sort of thing and all are welcome to attend. I would call both places for more info. There is a popular skating rink on hwy 74 near Indian Trail going toward Monroe. There is The Ice House for ice skating near Carolina Place Mall in Pineville. Sleepovers are big here, especially in that age group. In the summer most of those kids congregate at their neighborhood pool, since they are old enough to go without Mom or Dad and "hang out" until they mosey over to one or the others houses to check out the snacks. We moved into our current neighborhood when my son was a 6th grader. He quit going to the pool after his 9th grade summer, but boy, those were the days I loved seeing him get out, find his friends and then come and go as the wind seemed to carry him all day long. But I digress LOL...Hope this helps a bit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or