U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:38 PM

463 posts, read 1,227,750 times

Advertisements

I have a interview for a job in Charlotte next week. I have only been to the airport there, but I hear that Charlotte is really nice.
I would like to hear from locals or anyone who has moved there what it is like there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 PM

797 posts, read 3,137,293 times
Great weather, all seasons, maybe one or two snow dustings a year. Charlotte is a new city meaning everything is new and clean. Close to Mt's and beach (about 2 1/2 hours to get to each). We have several lakes and boating is popular.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 PM

14,691 posts, read 25,123,776 times
I moved here 1 1/2 years ago and like it a lot so far. There are always festivals and events in the city during the summer and other fun things to do. Depending on where you are coming from, traffic and cost of living may be lower.

Wherever you decide to live, check out the address at Community Crime Information System first. You can find crime stats in that area and break it down by block.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 AM

1,455 posts, read 3,929,297 times
It's really nice.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 AM

59 posts, read 129,250 times
Charlotte is money ! Moved here from Michigan and will never look back !

Old 11-06-2008, 06:07 AM

35,881 posts, read 72,521,830 times
Charlotte is a very spread out city . . . w/ lots of smaller communities and neat little nooks w/ shopping, restaurants, parks . . . lots of tree lined streets . . .

If you want lakes, we have those, too . . . also a whitewater center . . . all sorts of organizations to join . . . neat burbs . . . growing urban center . . . fun day and weekend trips all over the region . . .

You can choose more rural and live outside CLT . . . you can find good prices on homes, decent schools, lots of colleges and universities . . .

What I can't find right here in CLT, I can almost always find nearby . . . Atlanta, the beaches and the mountains are a comfortable drive . . . four seasons . . . friendly people . . .

Just depends what you are looking for.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:01 AM

6,685 posts, read 11,278,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn68 View Post
I have a interview for a job in Charlotte next week. I have only been to the airport there, but I hear that Charlotte is really nice.
I would like to hear from locals or anyone who has moved there what it is like there.
Here are some things to do:

Concord Mills Mall(Nascar Speedpark)
Concord Mills NASCAR SpeedPark (http://www.nascarspeedpark.com/concord.html - broken link)
South Park Mall Simon Malls | More Choices — SouthPark Information, SouthPark Gift Cards
Levine Museum Levine Museum of the New South
National Whitewater Center US National Whitewater Center //// TAKE IT OUTSIDE !!! \\ - Home
Discovery Place/IMAX DISCOVERY PLACE | igniting wonder since 1981 | CHARLOTTE NATURE MUSEUM | IMAX | Discovery Place with the Charlotte Observer IMAX Dome Theater and the Charlotte Nature Musuem are the things to do in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. Visit the Discover (http://www.discoveryplace.org/home/discovery_place-imax.php - broken link)
Jillian's (South End) Home*-*Jillians Charlotte
Panthers Panthers.com - Schedule
Bobcats BOBCATS: 2008-09 BOBCATS SCHEDULE
Carowinds Carowinds | North and South Carolina's Themed Amusement Park

Here is a youtube video tour of Charlotte's urban side. Every video was shot within a 3 mile radius of uptown Charlotte. I hope this helps. Enjoy!!!

New Night life

YouTube - urban charlotte

YouTube - urban charlotte (funny dancing drunk)

New Mass Transit

New Urban Real Estate

New Urban Restaurant (there is more than just this, I just haven't recorded them yet)

Here is the page to all of my videos of Urban Charlotte
YouTube - urbancharlotte's Channel

Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,067,960 times
If you haven't done so, check out the videos on the city's official tourism website - Charlotte's Got A lot.

There are six videos. Shopping, Culture, Family, Dining and Nightlife, Adventure and Romance.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:28 AM

314 posts, read 1,083,448 times
I just moved her for a job as well. I've been here a little over three months now.

As of my interview, I had only ever seen the airport and the drive over to the interview. The following weekend, my wife and I drove the 14 hours from St. Louis, MO and just drove around the city for two days. We liked it enough to accept the job.

ScubaShawn, Where are you coming from?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:33 AM

30 posts, read 73,142 times
Wow...I am also looking for work in the Charlotte area as well. Ironically, I have an interview in Greenville in a week. I can tell you that Charlotte has some very nice areas and is close to Lake Norman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>