Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,704 times

Advertisements

I have done a lot of research on the MMR shot, and though the ingredients make me uncomfortable on many vaccines... my husband and I decided we would try to get the MMR shot split up for our 13 month old son. However, our pediatrician does not offer it, and says he knows of no pediatrician who offers it in our area. We are willing to travel a bit... we are located in Charlotte NC. Does anyone know of anyone who offers this? PLEASE help me if you have any info.... I have been searching yet haven't found anything yet. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM

769 posts, read 2,220,069 times
Check with CVS, Walgreens, etc, that have clinic services. We had to get some vaccines for my daughter last year and they offered all of those. Also, there is a group up north of Charlotte that provides it typically for people who are traveling, called Passport Health. Also check with the County Health department.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,120 times
Try Growing Up Pediatrics. A lot of people who alternative vax or delay vax go there. It's north of town but I hear it's worth it.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,026 times
I'm sorry I don't have advice for you, but just wanted to comment that I'm from Illinois and someone on the IL board was asking the same question! Very curious, wonder if there is a reason why people would be wanting to do this suddenly?

Good luck though, I don't know if the IL person ever found anyone to do it!

edit: Actually, here are links to 2 threads discussing this in Illinois. Beware though, people went a bit nuts on the threads, but I thought maybe there would be some resources that could help you. The longer thread has some recs of where your docs could order the separated vaccines and some references for info you could possibly show a pediatrician to try to get them to help you.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...perated-2.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...ive-mmr-5.html

Last edited by JanuaryGirl; 12-01-2008 at 04:26 PM..

Old 12-01-2008, 04:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemper82 View Post
I have done a lot of research on the MMR shot, and though the ingredients make me uncomfortable on many vaccines... my husband and I decided we would try to get the MMR shot split up for our 13 month old son. However, our pediatrician does not offer it, and says he knows of no pediatrician who offers it in our area. We are willing to travel a bit... we are located in Charlotte NC. Does anyone know of anyone who offers this? PLEASE help me if you have any info.... I have been searching yet haven't found anything yet. THANK YOU!
Interesting...but in the 80's and 90's this WAS a two part shot, wondering when that changed?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Interesting...but in the 80's and 90's this WAS a two part shot, wondering when that changed?
I believe it changed in the late 80s, Loves, b/c it seems I was thinking how I wished I could have gotten one shot for DS, rather than several, cause he was terrified of those needles. Just broke my heart to see him cry and each injection made his leg swell (I used ice - he did fine). I felt so bad for him. So I am thinking it was starting to be available sometime in the 80s (but only some docs were using it that way).

Old 12-01-2008, 04:48 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
you might be able to get your ped. to prescribe the vaccine separately then have it filled at a pharmacy. you can also ask for recommendations for holistic, integrative, or naturopathic physicians from your pediatrician. If he isn't willing to work with you, you need to find a new doctor.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
I found this for you too - it has a "safe" vaccination schedule as well as instructions for how to order the vaccines separately and who to order them from. SortaCrunchy: Our Selective/Delayed Vaccination Schedule

Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM

124 posts, read 461,761 times
Thanks for posting this. I'd be interested too. I had a ped that did them separate in Texas but we're in Charlotte now too so I'm starting from scratch. I'll definitely check out these links!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
TWO shots instead of one?? Ouch!!

Just kidding. I don't recall if my son's Pediatrician, Dr. Smolen who is EXCELLENT!!, offers the MMR to be split, but he did split up the other vaccinations and it worked well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte