U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:44 AM

9 posts, read 33,922 times

Advertisements

Hi, Considering move to Charlotte and would like to find good family community, good schools, nice neighborhood (250-300k), houses not on top of each other, and last but not least an avg rush hour commute time to uptown of no more than 45 minutes. Does it exist? Please advise. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 11:02 AM

45,246 posts, read 92,233,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robomom View Post
Hi, Considering move to Charlotte and would like to find good family community, good schools, nice neighborhood (250-300k), houses not on top of each other, and last but not least an avg rush hour commute time to uptown of no more than 45 minutes. Does it exist? Please advise. Thanks.
It can be done if you look at existing homes in south Charlotte in neighborhoods like Hampton Leas. Good luck!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,804,319 times
There are some very nice neighborhoods in South Charlotte and just across the county line in Union County. Commute time to Uptown at rush hour probably 30-45 minutes. Feel free to access my website, found under my profile. You can do a Property Search and enter your criteria to see what's available in your price range. You can use mappoint or mapquest to trace the route to Uptown. If you need more details send me a note. I'd be glad to help.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Sorry should have indicated thinking more about Union County since from what I have read on diff. posts those schools are rated better than Meck. Co. schools. Can anyone provide times from diff. communities (e.g. Indian Trail, Waxhaw, Weddington, Matthews, Stallings, Monroe...) w/i Union Co. based on experience? I would prefer that rather than having to figure on mapquest. I would like to look at a realty site knowing the places I should be focusing.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
There are some very nice neighborhoods in South Charlotte and just across the county line in Union County. Commute time to Uptown at rush hour probably 30-45 minutes. Feel free to access my website, found under my profile. You can do a Property Search and enter your criteria to see what's available in your price range. You can use mappoint or mapquest to trace the route to Uptown. If you need more details send me a note. I'd be glad to help.
Union county to uptown in 30 minutes during rush hour is not very realistic.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:42 AM

lovesM, i had noted 45 min, i'm not even sure if that is realistic. what i'm trying to determine is what is realistic from different communites even neighborhoods within union co.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomom View Post
lovesM, i had noted 45 min, i'm not even sure if that is realistic. what i'm trying to determine is what is realistic from different communites even neighborhoods within union co.
That previoius post was directed at businessperson I know realtors want to always state things in as positive a way as possible, but I wanted to caution her about making a statement like that as it is misleading.

Too bad you don't want to consider south Charlotte as schools there are good and your commute would be a lot less aggravating to uptown. But, if you are set on Union county I know there are areas where you will find what you are looking for. Just be aware a lot of those areas are accessed by two lane roads (rush hour can really back up) and the schools, while good, are really struggling with overcrowding. You could check out Hunter Oaks - some of them are in your price range. There is also Brandon Oaks. Have one of the realtors here set you up with a search of things in your price range. When you spot something you like post the neighborhood here and maybe we can tell you the current commute times

Old 03-02-2007, 11:57 AM

46 posts, read 195,803 times
Hunter Oaks is a nice neighborhood. So is Somerset right across the street.

But they're probably 45-60 minute commutes during peak time. Just a guess, but 485 is bad during traffic hours!

Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM

sorry about that lovesm, i realized after the 30m you were referring to.

not necessarily set on union co. from what i have read, though can say i've got it all straight, i thought the south char.(meck co) schools weren't as good as union. if there are areas in s. char w/good schools, i certainly don't want to rule those areas out. so where would i want to look in s. charlotte, by neighborhood, by school?

next question - i should proably know this but where are hunter oaks and somerset?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM

14 posts, read 70,348 times
You might be able to find something in Hunter Oaks or Somerset for 300k. You will not make it to uptown in 30 minutes during normal commuting times. You will have alot of choices actually.

Try Mint Hill, Matthews, Indian Trail, Stallings, Harrisburg to start. These are 30 - 45 minute drives typically. If you want my opinion on schools go to that thread from earlier today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte