U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 13,973 times

Advertisements

We may be moving to Charlotte b/c my husband may attend grad school there. We want to live fairly close to the University (University of NC - Charlotte) and I was wondering if the area around the Univ is considered a safe area to live? any recommendation on apartments that a good place to live or apts definitely to stay away from? Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 03:34 PM

31 posts, read 110,286 times
If you want an apartment close to the university, you might want to take a look at http://www.thepiedmontativymeadow.com/ My son currently lives there, and it seems much quieter, cleaner than most in the area.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 13,973 times
bumping this thread up

Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,047,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd+ View Post
We may be moving to Charlotte b/c my husband may attend grad school there. We want to live fairly close to the University (University of NC - Charlotte) and I was wondering if the area around the Univ is considered a safe area to live? any recommendation on apartments that a good place to live or apts definitely to stay away from? Thanks.
Use the search feature above and type in "University area". This topic has been previously discussed so I am sure you will find posts that answer some of your questions. In my opinion, you should look to live north of the campus or even northwest, but not south. Good luck.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:19 PM

179 posts, read 250,399 times
if you want pm me. I just got back from a 3 day visit we checked out 13 apartments in that area all around the school. There are actually over 50 apartment complexes in that area alone. The two that we narrowed down to are autumn park and dominion norcroft. Most were nice and in busy but safe feeling areas but for instance the piedmont was not a spacious enough floorplan as were some of the others. They were all beautiful apartments but I think that we found the 2 best. Now its just impossible to narrow between the two. Another spectacular one was colonial legacy park which included washer dryer and cable. The 2 bedroom actually ended up being a 3 bedroom b/c the "study" was actually as big as the other 2 bedrooms and had its own closet and was only 965 a month. Very nice apartment just slightly out of our price range. Again if you have any questions feel free to ask from a fresh opinion of the area with the same goal. There are these maps that a lot of the apartments give out that are fold out fun maps that acutally show the whole area and where EVERYTHING is with a list on the back of all the restaurants and apts and stores and all that. It came in VERY handy as there is so much in that area.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:28 PM

4 posts, read 14,613 times
Default Site that can help

You man want to try UNCCLiving - Off-campus apartments, condos, houses, or rooms for rent near University of North Carolina Charlotte (UNCC) for UNCC Apartment info. Could be a good starting point for prices.

Last edited by wtlandis; 11-11-2007 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 11-11-2007, 05:30 PM

29,566 posts, read 37,011,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtlandis View Post
You man want to try UNCCLiving - Off-campus apartments, condos, houses, or rooms for rent near University of North Carolina Charlotte (UNCC) for UNCC Apartment info. Could be a good starting point for prices.

I hope they found somehting by now 03-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,709 times
Thumbs up University Area CLT

University Area CLT is definitely safe. Downtown is where you should be a little more concerned. I grew up in that area.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:03 AM

13 posts, read 14,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd83 View Post
if you want pm me. I just got back from a 3 day visit we checked out 13 apartments in that area all around the school. There are actually over 50 apartment complexes in that area alone. The two that we narrowed down to are autumn park and dominion norcroft. Most were nice and in busy but safe feeling areas but for instance the piedmont was not a spacious enough floorplan as were some of the others. They were all beautiful apartments but I think that we found the 2 best. Now its just impossible to narrow between the two. Another spectacular one was colonial legacy park which included washer dryer and cable. The 2 bedroom actually ended up being a 3 bedroom b/c the "study" was actually as big as the other 2 bedrooms and had its own closet and was only 965 a month. Very nice apartment just slightly out of our price range. Again if you have any questions feel free to ask from a fresh opinion of the area with the same goal. There are these maps that a lot of the apartments give out that are fold out fun maps that acutally show the whole area and where EVERYTHING is with a list on the back of all the restaurants and apts and stores and all that. It came in VERY handy as there is so much in that area.

I am really interested in your info...I'm new to this site so I don't know how to pm you....

Old 05-17-2014, 10:12 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,160,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2178 View Post
I am really interested in your info...I'm new to this site so I don't know how to pm you....
It says "not a member" so he's probably not here anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte