Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:59 PM

22 posts, read 48,834 times

Advertisements

RenLouis-i didnt read your post above as boycotting businesses, but rather asking county businesses to lodge their objections to the inhumane practice with the County, right?

Old 10-23-2009, 03:07 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,025,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysathome View Post
RenLouis-i didnt read your post above as boycotting businesses, but rather asking county businesses to lodge their objections to the inhumane practice with the County, right?
Wrong....she was very clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renlouis View Post
DO NOT MOVE TO GASTON COUNTY OR DO BUSINESS THERE IN PROTEST OF THEIR INHUMANE KILLING PRACTICES at Gaston County Animal Services.
If this gets any traction (which I don't think it will because people generally understand the futility of such boycotts) the I might make a point to drive up and have lunch and shop in Gaston County. No need to punish those business people for county policy.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,449,285 times
Quote:
Here's another idea - suggested by my sister (Director of a humane society - who deals with County officials on a regular basis). I am going to start another thread saying "Protest Gas Chamber killings in Gaston County by not moving there!". Maybe the city council will respond to a possible loss of tax revenue. Does anyone work for a powerful business in Gaston County? My sister suggested that if you could get a large source of tax revenue for the Country to lodge their objection/complaint about this practice, that would carry a good deal of weight. Sounds like threatening the county financially may be more powerful than appealing to their humanity.

perhaps TPTB in Alabama should be made aware that these suggestions are being made to hurt others (HUMANS) who are already suffering. That's truly not professionalism...

Old 10-23-2009, 04:13 PM

587 posts, read 1,617,627 times
My first thought was to ask anyone who works for a business or owns a business in Gaston County to lodge a complaint, protest with the county. Then I thought that a boycott might work to cause business owners to ask for a change. With all of the concern about the residents, workers, and businesses in Gaston County, I will delete the thread in question (not sure how I've never tried to do that) or a moderator could delete.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
My first thought was to ask anyone who works for a business or owns a business in Gaston County to lodge a complaint, protest with the county. Then I thought that a boycott might work to cause business owners to ask for a change. With all of the concern about the residents, workers, and businesses in Gaston County, I will delete the thread in question (not sure how I've never tried to do that) or a moderator could delete.

In this area people are more concerned with making it, keeping business(es) afloat and keeping food on the table and with the cold coming the heat on. Lodging complaints against animal control are not high on the list for the everyday citizens in the area.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:26 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,913,501 times
I'm all for the humane treatment of animals...if you have to kill them a needle or *THIS* type of gas is humane.

They go to sleep - literally, and then pass. It's not torture.

They are not choking on mustard gas while blood shoots out of their nose.

I'm willing to bet many of you who are "outraged" are pro-choice though.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:13 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,183,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
In this area people are more concerned with making it, keeping business(es) afloat and keeping food on the table and with the cold coming the heat on. Lodging complaints against animal control are not high on the list for the everyday citizens in the area.
? It doesn't have to be one's "top priority." It isn't hard and doesn't take long. In other words, "making it" in day/day life doesn't preclude speaking up about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I'm all for the humane treatment of animals...if you have to kill them a needle or *THIS* type of gas is humane.
No, it *ISN'T.*

Quote:
They go to sleep - literally, and then pass. It's not torture.
WRONG. It IS torture. PS and oh btw there is also a health danger to the workers.

Frankly the more I learn, the more amazed I am that these irresponsible and thoughtless fools keep using it.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
? It doesn't have to be one's "top priority." It isn't hard and doesn't take long. In other words, "making it" in day/day life doesn't preclude speaking up about this.

No, it *ISN'T.*

WRONG. It IS torture. PS and oh btw there is also a health danger to the workers.

Frankly the more I learn, the more amazed I am that these irresponsible and thoughtless fools keep using it.

As I have said on this and another thread, this issue is not even a hot topic for people right now that are doing the day to day dregs.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:11 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,913,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
?No, it *ISN'T.*
YES IT *IS*

Stop posting your heart on your sleeve and get a clue.

It's an ordorless, colorless, non-irritating, tasteless gas.

At 12,000 ppm it's almost instant death, no torture involved.

Sorry to ruin your pitty party with scientific facts.

Don't believe me? Maybe you should try it and let us know how it goes.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
hold on.
Todays drama thread may be reopen after I review it

What smells like a troll around here.
It worst than passing a skunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: