Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 06:12 AM

9 posts, read 23,914 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me the current state of the housing market in S. Charlotte? Buyers or Sellers Market?

We had homes in our neighborhood that sold in a week to 21 days, and now it appears as if the whole market has stalled. We have homes in our neighborhood that have been up for sale for a couple of months now.

As we consider to put our house up for sale, curious as to overall state of the market, and what is the best time of year to consider selling.

any thoughts would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,172,820 times
This is the best time of year to be selling...generally if houses aren't selling it is because of price, location or condition. If you are thinking of selling, you should have a realtor prepare a comparative market analysis for you, which will show what the market is like for selling your home in your area. Best of luck to you, and let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,152,450 times
Homes in South Charlotte are selling well. Higher priced homes are generally on the market longer due to more competition; lower priced homes go like hotcakes. If your home is priced right and in good show condition you shouldn't expect it to sit on the market long. Two homes in my neighborhood sold in a matter of days and a third, which is $20k overpriced is still sitting there.

If you'd like to send me your information I can send you an analysis of recent sales in your neighborhood. You can send a pm.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:40 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,839,602 times
My spin on it is this. Depending on what market you are catering to will depend on how fast it will move as well. Price is always the first thing but if I am selling a million dollar home I do not expect to move this in 60 days. You are catering to a completley different client. Not as many can afford this price. If your selling to a first time home buyer these homes will sell as there will be plenty of people in this market.

Price&location are the biggest things that will make a home sell or not sell.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 PM

9 posts, read 23,914 times
Thanks all for your advice! I just don't hear about this area as much as the others anymore so I was just curious what was going on.

Thank you! Wish me luck in selling my house!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:26 PM

17 posts, read 60,187 times
My husband and I have been looking at all of Charlotte since last Wednesday. We have log about 400 mile on our rental looking. I have been extremely surprised at the number of houses for sale in each subdivision. We have also seen few people looking at houses during our 10.5 hour days. We were here 3 weeks ago and the buyer traffic seemed very light then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte